Solar Eclipse 2017

One thing I love about working with a lot of engineers... when cool science things happen they go all out!! Yesterday was the solar eclipse and even though it was only partial (65%) in Massachusetts we threw a Moon party at work! 

Our CEO bought us all the fancy solar eclipse glasses!


And he sent out this email...


Love all of the moon/sun themed snacks!!

 



When the eclipse started on the west coast we turned our office TV on so we could watch the different totalities! Must of been so cool to be in one of those spots! One of our coworkers actually took a couple vacation days and drove south to watch the eclipse!

  

And then the fun began! 



I kept describing the sun as cute lol!



 

Not too shabby for some iPhone photos! 


Of course we took some office selfies lol. 


I really love that we took the time out of our normal day to observe a rare solar event! 

The next solar eclipse will be in 2024 (another partial one) which isn't too far away! My finance wasn't able to see this one and he was really bumming so I am glad we only have 7 years to go until the next one!


But living in Massachusetts it looks like the best one to hold out for would be the 2079 one! I'll be 89 years old then.. definitely something I hope I make it for!

Hope everyone had a great eclipse day! 

Comments

  1. Looks like it was fun! Wish our company would do something nice like that. I missed the eclipse because I was sleeping. Maybe next time...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts