Shell Crochet Baby Blankets

Early this spring I was itching to try a new Crochet pattern and after some serious Pinterest-ing I decided to go with the Shell pattern! I started off with a baby boy blanket with some super soft baby yarn: 



Yarn: Caron Simply Soft
Colors: LT Country Blue and White

 


I really love this blanket because it is silky and light. 

I loved the pattern so much I decided to try it with a hardier thick yarn for my niece! Almost done with the trim here - still trying to decide how thick I should make the white border.

 


Yarn: Caron One Pound
Colors: Rose and White

 

 

What I like about the thicker yarn is that it will be warm in the Winter (my niece is due in November) and it will be durable for washing/drying machines.

I like the pattern for both types of yarn! Takes a little longer than some other blankets I have made due to the nature of the shell stitch but I really think it is worth it in the end! 

Here is a YouTube video for beginners that really breaks down the pattern for you!


<3



Comments

Popular Posts