Turning 26!

Tomorrow is my birthday and I will officially be 26!
I thought it would be fun to share some general thoughts, the lows and the highs of my 25th year! 


Thoughts

1. Quarter-life crisis' are totally a thing! I can't tell you how many times this past year I have thought "oh my god what am I doing with my life?!"It is a weird age where you have adult responsibilities without having everything completely together! 

2. How the heck am I already at my 5 year college reunion?? I got the invite in the mail this past week and I had to mentally count the years to make sure that it was correct! 

3. EVERYONE seems to be getting married! In the past 4 years I have been to 20+ weddings. I consider myself a wedding-guest expert at this point! 

The Lows

1. The Louisiana Floods were a huge low this year. We were so lucky - but a lot of our coworkers and friends were not so lucky. 

2. My mom sold my childhood home. So sad but I think I have finally accepted it for the good. 

The Highs

1. This blog!! I started this blog on November 10th, 2015! Back then I was going by the code name WC since I wasn't sure how much I wanted to share about myself. I have come a long in a little less than a year! 

2. So much travel! All of it mostly unplanned until the month before! There was Disney World, Hot Springs Arkansas, a whole lot of Florida, a couple trips to New England, Chicago and a lot of local trips thrown in-between! You can check all those trips out here

3. Moving back to Baton Rouge was a big deal this year! My job was able to get me a remote office and it has made a huge positive impact for both my boyfriend and I! I still have to drive into New Orleans here and there but Baton Rouge is definitely where we prefer to live right now. 

4. Ryan and I celebrated 6 years of dating! 

Overall 25 has been a really great year! Im at at this point where my birthday doesn't seem like a big deal at all and truthfully I keep forgetting it is even happening! Here's to hoping 26 is great!

 

Comments

Popular Posts