Thanksgiving Planning

Thanksgiving 2014 I hosted for the very first time in our teeny tiny apartment: 



Thanksgiving 2015 Ryan and I ate dinner at the Leaky Cauldron in Harry Potter World Universal Studios



 

And Thanksgiving 2016 my dad and sister are flying down from Massachusetts and spending the holiday with Ryan and myself! 

Here is where it gets complicated. My dad is newly diagnosed with diabetes and my sister is lactose intolerant. Aka my food planning options are limited! The good news is that Turkey is safe for both diets! **Phew** 

So here is the menu as stands right now (sort of with food modifications): 

Dinner
Turkey with Italian Dressing basting 
Gluten free or whole wheat stuffing 
Gravy (no salt added) 
Mashed Potatoes (Dad won't be able to eat but is a Turkey Day must)
Peas 
Cranberry Sauce 
Rolls (Dad won't be able to eat but is a Turkey Day must
And possibly one more green veggy 

Dessert
Pumpkin Bread with whole wheat flour 
Pecan Pie 
Rasberry Pie 
Apple Crisp 

My dad isn't a huge dessert fan in the first place so I am not too worried about him feeling left out for desserts. 

Here is where I need help… what the heck do I feed them the rest of the week!? Chicken, quinoa, and veggy dinners are going to get old quick! Any suggestions out there?! I might do a chicken parm and spaghetti squash dinner one night and maybe salad concoction for another night but any other ideas would be great!

Cant wait for next week! I am taking the week off of work and they fly in on Sunday! 

Comments

Popular Posts