What's Up Wednesday! May 2016


Hi Everyone! Happy What's Up Wednesday!! 

What's Up Wednesday is the monthly link up with The Larson LingoMix & Match Family and Pinterest (now Sheaffer) Told Me To where we share what's up for that month! To read my past What's Up Wednesday's posts…



What we’re eating this week…

Leftovers and more leftovers! Since we are going away this weekend we are trying to eat whatever we can find in the fridge! =) This usually means chicken, quinoa, veggy …. chicken, quinoa, veggy… repeat! 

Photo Cred: The Cozy Apron

What I’m reminiscing about …

In 2013 my boyfriend and I went on a month long backpacking trip throughout Europe! I finally got around to hanging up some of my favorite black and white pictures in our living room from the trip! Every time I look at the pictures I have some serious flashbacks and would soooo love to go back! 

These are the four I have matted and framed in our living room! 

Unknown Church, Cork, Ireland 

View from the top of Blarney Castle, Cork, Ireland 

Stonehenge, Wiltshire, United Kingdom 

Eiffel Tower, Paris, France 

Gosh we went to so many amazing places on that trip! I have a billion more pictures… I wish I could frame and hang them all! 

What I’m loving…

This fluffy face! Happy #WhiskerWednesday! #NotJustForKittys



What we’ve been up to…

Just the same ole same ole! The summer is upon us which means wedding season is also here! We have 5 weddings this summer so it's about that time of the year where we have to make wedding outfit, gift and travel purchases! For our first two weddings (both in July) we have already purchased flights … but still need to get outfits and gifts picked out! 

What I’m dreading…

This (long) weekend my boyfriend and I are going up to Hot Springs, Arkansas! It's a 7 hour drive from where we live in Louisiana (which is kind of a long way) but we figured that we would NEVER go to Arkansas any other time so YOLO! Ha!! We are both really excited! And what am I dreading!?… that car ride of course! 


What I’m working on…


Tomorrow I am starting a mini blog post series… here is the sneak peak…

 

What I’m excited about…


On Monday I completed the Fitbit challenge I was participating in! The goal was to hit 294,000 steps in 6 weeks! I finished it pretty early and my reward is $200 from my health insurance! I wish I always got paid for healthy living! 


What I am watching/reading…

Watching

Last week two of my favorite shows: Grey's Anatomy and Survivor had their season finales… boo! As those two shows ended… The Bachelorette began! I'm so ready for a summer filled with reality show drama! Let's see who Jojo picks! 



Reading

I am on a Jodi Picoult kick right now! Ever since the last Stranded With post I have decided to re-read some of her books that I haven't read in a while! This past week I read Change of Heart and this week I am reading House Rules. Gosh I so love her writing!   




What I’m listening to…

Yup I am still pretty obsessed with my daily dose of JohnJay and Rich Morning Show! Annnnd I just discovered the podcast so that has further fueled my obsession! Now I can listen to the full show whenever I have free time orrr when I check emails at work! 



What I’m wearing…

This was my casual Friday outfit last week! Annnd my favorite part!? I finally found a Jean Jacket that I love! This has been one of those items I've wanted for a while and I finally found one that was 1) comfortable 2) affordable 3) cute!



Believe it or not I found my dream jean jacket at JC Penny! I can't even tell you the last time I went in that store! It is a Arizona Denim Jacket in the color Villa..! 

 

My wrist bling is from all over the place! The only easy-to-purchase item here is my watch from Charming Charlie. PS: The watch has the cutest name!! Once Upon a Time Watch… I mean, come on how cute is that?! Mine is in ivory! My middle bracelet is actually a gift from a sorority sister from when she was visiting South Africa and the bracelet on the right is from when I was in Florence, Italy! Remember when I mentioned that the bracelets wouldn't be easy to purchase?! Unless you are going to Africa or Europe anytime soon!!



What I’m doing this weekend…

Hot Springs Arkansas! We are pretty excited! We are leaving right after work on Friday and then staying until Monday! One thing we are super excited about is that we have an all day river kayaking reservation! Hopefully the weather stays nice so we can go!



What I’m looking forward to next month…

There are sooo many good movies coming out next month! First off there is the Me Before You movie… 


Then there is Finding Dory!… 


And there is the new X-Men movie!! 

Which is technically out this month but I won't be able to see it until next month!

What else is new…

I have been feeling pretty old lately! One of the girls I used to babysit is graduating from high school (and is Valedictorian!!) and I just can't believe how grown up she is! The time really does fly by! In a few months I'll be in the second half of my 20s and it blows my mind how fast life flies by after college! Just one more blink and I'll be married with babies! <3


Comments

Popular Posts