Pensacola Beach, Florida!

Ok for those who know me… I love the beach. It is my happy place! I can't live in a state where the beach is not a drivable distance!

That being said… I was nervous moving to Louisiana because the "coast" does not consist of beaches… but sort of morphs from land to swamp to ocean. Sooo there is that.

My boyfriend and I have tried out the beaches in Biloxi, Mississippi (~2hrs from Baton Rouge) but honestly the beach water was not so great. It was super cloudy (where you couldn't see an inch deep in the water) and had a bit of a smell to it. I blame the Mississippi river.

Ever since that blah beach experience, we have concluded it is well worth the drive to go to eastern Alabama and the panhandle of Florida for the tropical gulf coast waters. We are especially fond of Perdido Key and Pensacola Beach in Florida.

Lately I have had the itch to go to the beach… like REALLY bad! Friday night I threw out the idea to my boyfriend for a beach day trip and the stars aligned because he didn't even hesitate and agreed to the day trip! So Saturday (at 5am) we got up, loaded the car and drove the 3.75 hours to Pensacola!



This was my OMG we can see the ocean selfie! #GoRedSox

We couldn't of asked for a better beach day! Gorgeous clear water, high 80 degrees and a slight breeze. Perfect! 

 

No beach is complete without Cape Cod potato chips and some beach naps! 

 
#BooYankees … lol! 

For dinner we went to the cutest beach bar and grill right on the water. Land Shark Bar and Grill, which is a little off-set from Fort Pickens road, was a perfect casual hangout spot after a long beach day! I think the best part of it was the fun backyard. There are hammocks, tiki faces that spit water, a beach volleyball court, a fire pit, and tons of seating. We had a lot of fun running around after dinner and taking pictures. 

 


  

For hours of driving each way is a lot for a day trip but for us it was well worth it for a fantastic beach day! I'm pretty sure I said "I am so happy to be here" like 50 times over the course of the day! Until next time! 

Comments

Popular Posts