Friday Favorites (5.13.16)


Hello and Happy FriYAY! Another long week has finally came to an end!  

Like every Friday... I am linking up with Grace and LoveA Little Bit of Everything, & Momfessionals  to share 5 of my favorites from the week! 



To see the past Friday Favorites…



I saw the trailer for Me Before You last week…. 


… and thought to myself…. man that looks good. Then I found out that it was a book by Jojo Moyes and immediately downloaded it onto my nook! I have been obsessively reading it since! I will do a book review on it probably next week since I am sure I will finish it this weekend! You can look up  the novel Me Before You … here!




THIS CAKE! Yesterday I listed out the 3 things I typically do when I am not feeling good… baking being one of them!  I baked this Butterscotch cake and have been having a hard time keeping my hands off it since! I'm 99% sure my boyfriend is going to give me his "I love you but am judging you" face when he gets home from work and sees how much I ate!! Whoops! 

Photo and Recipe Cred: Mix and Match Mama


Bwahahaha… this picture! My mother found it going through some old stuff.... my boyfriend wants everyone to know that I still have the same "Pouty Nikki" face! lol! 


So here is the story: I had a plastic rubber snake that I brought to school for show and tell and was swinging it's tail around… and scratched my eye. Had to wear that eye patch for 3 days and apparently I wasn't very happy about it! Side note: Gosh that hair cut was bad. Oh man that shirt…. the 90s were rough! 


Another highlight from the week was exploring the Clark Creek Natural Area in Mississippi. I have found myself fantasizing about the little river and waterfalls all week! I am seriously tempted to go back again this weekend! You can read my post about it… here




My little goddaughter gets her first communion this weekend! I wish I was able to fly home to see it!! I sent her this cross as a present and her mom told me that she plans to wear it with her pretty dress!! 


Seems like just yesterday she was this little smiley thing!! So grown up now! 


Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! Enjoy the weather! Do something outdoors if you can! 

Comments

Popular Posts