Things I Will Miss About Louisiana

Now that the secret is out about us moving to Massachusetts everyone keeps asking what I am going to miss about Louisiana! There are definitely some things that come to mind!

1. There is literally something to do EVERY weekend! This state is all about partying. There is always a festival or parade or some kind of event to celebrate! 



We have enjoyed:
Mardi Gras (4 years and LOTS of parades) 
Jazz Festival (Saw Elton John perform)
French Quarter Festival 
Shrimp and Petroleum Festival (Yup. Apparently those things go together) 
Angola Prison Rodeo
Strawberry Festival 
International Music Festival
Plantation Tours



I am sure I have forgot some but there are too many to count!

2. Jambalaya - Of all of the interesting and unique foods of the south Jambalaya is by far my favorite! We have been making the effort to eat a bunch of it before we leave!

3. Open Container Law - So I don't even drink but this law really just seems to make sense! Everyone is just so casual when they are able to buy a drink and then able to leave the bar/ restaurant with it. Maybe this only makes sense in the French Quarter of New Orleans lol! 

4. Swamps/Alligators - Swamps are beautiful in their own way and being able to go for a walk and spot alligators is really just cool! Growing up in a place where there are no alligators the novelty of finding one has not worn off!





5. The fact that everyone is SO friendly! That whole southern hospitality thing is so true! Everyone is so friendly and people are very courteous to strangers. My favorite example of this was around Christmas when I was at the post office. The line was ridiculous and you knew the wait was going to be forever. Two elderly men in line next to me started a conversation with me and by the time we left the post office they felt like dear friends. This sort of thing happens a lot!

There are a lot of things I am excited about moving back to Massachusetts but I also know I will look back on my crazy unique time in Louisiana with fond memories! It has been such a fun adventure this past 4 years! 

Comments

Popular Posts