Friday Favorites (3.24.17)


Today is my last day as an LSU employee in the cancer center! This week has been a major goodbye week... officially time to close one chapter and start a new one!

And since it is Friday...


These may not all be favorites but they were important things that happened in the course of the week!



My first goodbye was to my office in Baton Rouge! I work for the New Orleans LSU office but have been working remotely in Baton Rouge for the last year. This office was awesome. It had a gorgeous rose garden and a really cozy roof patio. It was an awesome place to work!






The cleanest this office ever looked!!

Then yesterday I had to say goodbye to some of my New Orleans coworkers/friends. There is an ongoing joke that everyone knows that I love Taco Salad Thursday (it's the only time I buy lunch in the cafeteria). So yesterday we had a going away Taco Salad goodbye lunch.



My coworkers are so cute. They got my some LSU paraphernalia to remember them by!





Then I closed up and said goodby to my New Orleans office!



Today I'm just finishing up transitioning everything over to my replacement!!!



Earlier in the week I had to say goodbye to some of my friends who I wouldn't get to see again before the move. We got Mexican at the Velvet Cactus after work and one of them gifted me these super New Orleans-y plates! She said they were a gift for us to remember them and Louisiana by! (I'm getting the vibe people are worried I will forget about them!! - Don't worry everyone, I wont!) The first of many friend goodbyes!







Yesterday was also our last weekly game night! Every Thursday for the past year we have hosted a game night at our apartment. It's been a great low key activity to break up the week and spend time with our friends. Since we are officially in packing mode this was the first time we couldn't host so the torch has officially been passed! I'll miss our Thursday game nights and our awesome Louisiana friends!




Another totally random goodbye this week?! Goodbye to our clean apartment. Boxes boxes everywhere and no floor space to spare!



One major positive this week was that I officially became a published co-author in the Clinical and Translational Radiation Oncology Journal! Woo Science!

Today I close one major page in my career book!
Stay tuned on where I end up next!!

Next up... packing packing and more packing!

Comments

Popular Posts