What's Up Wednesday! March 2016


It's the last Wednesday of the Month and that means What's Up Wednesday! This means I am linking up with The Larson LingoMix & Match Family and Pinterest (now Sheaffer) Told Me To to share what's new with me! To read my past What's Up Wednesday's posts…




What We're Eating this Week…
Switching this one up for a bit! What we ate last week! Mmm corned beef and cabbage! This past sunday we had switched the traditional Easter ham dinner with corned beef and cabbage! We had missed Saint Patricks day do to the move but we made sure to buy a corned beef to save for Easter!

To read this past Monday's post with my family's Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe click here!




What I'm Reminiscing About…
The Beach. All things Beach. Sun. Sand. Salt Water. Sunblock. #TakeMeToTheBeach!!! I think I have asked my boyfriend every weekend for the past 4 weekends when we can take a road trip to the beach. I just want some R&R and some serious sun bathing! Bring on summer!! 



What I'm Loving…
My health insurance!!! So listen to this: every year my insurance does a healthy insentive program where you participate in some activity or survey and they give you a gift card to any place of your choosing! This year they are doing a fitbit challenge! You complete a quick survey about your health online, they mail you a brand new fitbit (for free) and then you must participate in a steps challenge! 



The challenge: you must log 294,000 steps between April 11 and May 23 using the fitbit! If you complete the challenge - you get $200 in gift card form to any place of your choosing! I will SO be participating!


For those interested- this is through Blue Cross Blue Shield - Teamsters Health and Wellness! 


Want to participate in the steps challenge with me!? It is an average of 7,000 steps a day! 


What We've Been Up to…
Ever since the move to Baton Rouge, my boyfriend and I have been lucky enough to have lunch together a couple times a week! Crazy as it is - our offices are literally right across the street from one another! We should totally commute together… but alas he usually works longer days then I do so that wouldn't work out! 

It has been nice to have that middle of the day break with each other! Also nice to know he is so close by if ever needed! #WeAreThatCouple <3

Our Lunch Spot! 

What I'm Dreading… 
Purchasing plane tickets!! Since it is officially Spring- that means it is time to start planning my summer travel for Weddings! Last year we went to 7 weddings (all in New England) and this summer it looks like we have 4 (also all in New England)! They are a great excuse for us to travel home and see family and friends but to be honest… it is not cheap! An average roundtrip flight from LA-> MA is ~$350… but I have seen it range from $210… $550 Yikes!! 

I have already planned and booked 1 out of the 4 weekends! My goal is to do one each paycheck (which I get monthly)! 

My favorite resource is KAYAK. This really does seem to be the best way to compare flights and find the cheapest option!!! I have been tracking some summer weekends for a while now!! Wish me luck! 


What I'm Working on…
The word of the week is organizing! I am working on organizing my new life - which means my new office and my new home! There has been a lot of change recently so it is time to reset and find out what the new normal is!  

What I'm Excited About…
Living in Baton Rouge, Louisiana again! When my boyfriend and I moved to Louisiana we first lived in Baton Rouge. We lived there for a year and then moved to New Orleans for another year. Well here comes year 3 in the state and we have come full circle and are living back in Baton Rouge! Most of our friends live here and the city is more our speed compared to New Orleans. We are so happy and excited to be back! 



 

What I'm Watching/Reading…
Watching
Well I am currently watching… 

The last season of GIRLS and I think it's best season to date! 




With the Bachelor done, I am getting my weekly dose of reality TV from Survivor… yes someone out there still watches this show!! And I love it!! 



Finally The Walking Dead! This season has been soooo intense!! You feeling me!?


Reading
… The never ending saga which is the Harry Potter Series! I started re-reading the series before thanksgiving… 6.5 books later I am almost done! I am about half way through Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and am totally excited to start on something new after I finish! I have told the next series to read is the Matched books by Ally Condie! More on that to come… 


  

What I'm Listening to…
My boyfriend is super into March Madness right now and has been watching a lot of basketball lately... so currently I am listening to that! I actually made a bracket this year because a bunch of my friends were doing it and I picked my teams on who had the better colors/cooler mascot/team name/etc… for the record I'm in 2nd place so far! Hahaha hilarious! 

What I'm Wearing…
My Kate Spade Glitter Stud Earrings came in!! I loveee them! I blogged about them last week! Read that post here



What I'm Doing This Weekend…
No clue yet!!! I love these rare plan-less weekends! 

What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month…
Spring! I can't wait for all of the trees and flowers to bloom! I love this time of year! 


What Else is New…
Apparently good things are coming my way! 


I love me some What's Up Wednesday! It always blows my mind when another month flies by! Here's to hoping April is great! 

Comments

  1. I am also LOVING this season of Girls! Did you catch Sunday's episode all about Marnie? Gah, so good! Newbie commenter here, just discovered your blog via Shay's. My blog is Sunday Kinda Love www.ajleslieadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet another new blogger!! Yes! - I saw this past Sunday's episode!! SO GOOD! They are killin it this season!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts