Dropkick Murphys & The Impressive Cello Player


In yesterdays post I eluded to the fact that I was unbelievably exhausted. This was entirely because I went to see Dropkick Murphys perform in downtown New Orleans on a Sunday night. I may or may not have gone to bed at 8:00pm last night to recover… lol. When an 8pm concert starts at 10pm you know your in for a late night!! 

There were two openers. The first band had a some good music but thats basically all I can tell you about them (no clue what they were called). 

The second opener was extremely rememberable… why you ask?… because of the most extreme cello playing I have ever seen. The band was called Tiger Army and they kicked some serious cello butt! I mean, just look at the crazy positions this guy managed to play the cello… 




The music itself wasn't exactly my style but the cello man was highly entertaining! 

Now on to the good stuff… 

Dropkick Murphys! 


If you were looking for all of the tattoo'd, bearded, Irish, Boston loving people of New Orleans on Sunday night… they were all at the Dropkick Murphys concert! I wanted to befriend every single person I saw rocking a Red Sox shirt and bond with them over missing our beloved Massachusetts. 

DM was on tour for their 20 year anniversary and they totally brought it. They performed a solid 2 hours (which is impressive for any band) and sang some new songs that I loved. New song to look out for that I loveeed: When We Were Young

Here are some of my pics (not fantastic because… well… are concert photos every that great?!) 



This was such a good way to bring in March! I always associate Dropkick Murphys with Saint Patricks Day (March 17th) so it was perfect timing! To close… here is some Shipping Off to Boston (which has been stuck in my head since Sunday)… XOXO WC


Comments

Popular Posts