Friday Favorites (3.4.16)


TGIF… TGIFTGIF!!!!

Which means it’s another Friday Favorites post! I am linking up with Grace and LoveA Little Bit of Everything, & Momfessionals  to share 5 of my favorites from the week! To see the past Friday Favorites…



**Phew** What a whirlwind of a week! My boyfriend has been away on a mini ski vacation so I have been bachelorette-living… in other words watching way too much Netflix and shopping! Which brings me to my first two Friday Favorite!



First off … these BEAUTIFUL pictures! My boyfriend is on a ski vacation visiting his sister who lives on Lake Tahoe (living the dream) and he sent along these gorgeous pictures! I have been living vicariously through him this week … because who wouldn’t want to be watching this gorgeous snowy sunset!?


 



And my second favorite for the week was my shopping!! Guys. I had sooo much success and I only went to Macy’s! They were having their everything-must-go end of season sale on things that have been SUPER marked down. Usually I just peruse this section because… if other people are not buying the items… there is probably a good reason. But O.M.G. this time it was a gold mine!!! Look at some of the super cute tops I found!!




This one was was 5$… I kid you not!!! 

Unfortunately because they are must-go items I can't find a link to refer you guys to.. =/ But seriously go check it out! I also bought mint bermuda shorts and a black, red & blue patterned shirt! All of this for only 50$!  

I also bought this full priced dress that I plan to wear to a beach wedding this summer!! But ladies… it is now on sale!! Jump fast since it is only on sale until 3/6/16



 

Andddd then I got sucked into shoes… I bought these Aerosoles At First Plush Wedge Sandals… to maybe wear with the above dress maybe?! #omgshoes #wanttowearthemdaily #isitspringyet !?


  



Earlier this week I shared my discovery of the beautiful and fascinating Dragon Fruit. Read about it… here


 

These are the things I have learned about Dragon Fruit:
  • Dragon fruits have a surprising number of phytonutrients (disease preventing nutrients)
  • They are rich in antioxidants, they contain vitamin C (equivalent to 10 percent of the daily value), polyunsaturated (good) fatty acids, and several B vitamins for carbohydrate metabolism, as well as carotene and protein
  • They are the fruit of a cactus
  • Bonus: Apparently if you have colored hair - the juice helps you keep the hair follicles open, allowing your hair to breathe and remain healthy and smooth (How cool is that?!)

I have been telling everyone who will listen about the hair tip! Who knew!? Not to mention it actually tastes great! If you like Kiwis… you are going to love the Dragon Fruit!



Next off… I need to withdraw a statement from last week's Friday Favorites. I was hesitant of Fuller House and predicted it would not live up to its predecessor Full House. But here is the deal. I binged watched it this week (along with the rest of the country) and loved it. It was cute, updated and sentimental. I loved all of the original cast guest appearances and liked their play on the storyline having a gender swap to the original storyline.



That being said…. there are still some things I’m still sort of eh on:
  • All the digs to Mary Kate and Ashley for not participating. Ok - it was funny the first time but the continued harassment throughout the season wasn’t really necessary
  • There were a lot of sexual innuendos and references that were not super kid appropriate. I don’t remember the original Full House needing to make sexual references to be funny so Fuller House should not need to do the same
  • Kimmy Gibler. Didn’t like her then. Don’t like her now.

Overall it was good. I liked it and was happy to hear that it was renewed for a second season…. Yea Ill probably watch that when it’s out!




Ok this one is a little strange but carrots dipped in ranch dressing! As a rule of thumb, I don't like my vegetables uncooked. Never have. But this week… on a whim… I tried carrots dipped in ranch dressing. EYE OPENER! Loveeed it. I have eaten carrots this way every single day this week (which is prob the most carrots I've ever eaten in a week)! How am I just discovering this!?


Hope everyone has a great weekend!!! <3 WC

Comments

  1. How interesting about the dragon fruit! I only made it halfway through the first episode of fuller house... I'll admit I liked it better as a kid. And as for the carrots and ranch, um yes, I grew up with this. I'm surprised you just discovered it!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts