Friday Favorites (6.1.18)


 

My last Friday Favorites post was the end of April and so much has happened since then!
Wedding. Honeymoon. Name change.
I'm a whole new person! *wink wink*

--1--

Starting off favorites this week goes to my landlord. He planted some gorgeous flowers around my apartment and on Wednesday the peonies bloomed. SWOON. It is so hard for me to not cut them and put them in a vase inside our apartment. 
This picture is the day after I noticed they were ready to bloom! I was so excited that it had opened up!
 

And bonus favorite regarding my landlord... Ryan accidentally locked us out of the apartment this week and he came to rescue us. We felt bad he had to leave whatever he was doing to save the day.. whoops!

--2--

On the topic of flowers I NEED to share my bridal bouquet scan! A family friend has a connection to a women who professionally does scans of flowers and plants and decided for our wedding to get our bouquet done as our present!

At the wedding, the second the photos were done, the flowers needed to be put in water and unwrapped from the ribbon so that they could stay fresh. They were put in a cooler over night and were driven from Massachusetts to New York to be scanned the next day. We just got the print this week and it is GORGEOUS.

We had it printed 16x20 plus a matte so it is pretty big statement piece but it is just so beautiful and special for us. Such a special way to preserve the flowers.

If you want to look up more of her floral scans: her name is Ellen Hoverkamp



--3--

Another favorite for the week is that my dad bought a house! He has lived in a teeny tiny apartment since my parents split up when I was a freshmen in high school. This past year he retired and has been on the hunt for a house ever since! I am really happy for him and cant wait to see the inside when he moves in at the end of June! He also has a pool which is going to be awesome for the summer!!
 

--4--

I have talked about my love for the podcast The Longest Shortest Time a bunch on here ever since I discovered it earlier this year. I was listening to an episode this week and it was so fantastic - I needed to share! The episode was titled:  Car Births, Call-in style and it is exactly what it sounds like. A bunch of stories from families that had accidental car births. 

I laughed out loud, I cried and I couldn't believe how many people this has happened to!!
 You can listen to the episode here!
It is only 45 minutes long so perfect for while you are prepping dinner or commuting to/from work! If you listen - let me know what you think!!
 

--5--

And to wrap up the week - Ryan and I have been talking about doing a weekend trip at the end of June so we have been fantasizing fun little getaways. I think we are choosing between a weekend in Nantucket, MA or in Portland, ME. We LOVE Nantucket (even though we have only been once) and I have never been to Portland so I am excited for whichever one we choose!

(Honestly as long as there is a lighthouse - I'm there)!!



Happy Friday everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts