Holiday Entertaining

For the next two weeks I am linking up with Victoria Strader & Sarah Shaneyfelt for their Most Wonderful Time of the Year Linkup!  

Today's theme is Holiday Entertaining Tips!

My entertaining style is "comfortable" - I want guests to come over and feel at home! I want people to feel comfortable to eat while sitting on the couch, not feel like they need to take off their shoes and feel free to ask for anything.



We have Christmas lights everywhere and they are bright enough to leave the apartment in a nice glow.

 Soft lighting = Cozy!

 I also always have candles burning when we have people over. Our apartment is long enough that I can have two different scents burning at each end and they don't interfere with one another. In our kitchen/dining area I always have a food scent going - favorites are buttercream and hot apple cider right now. In the living room (where we usually hang with guests) we have Balsam & Cedar going to emphasize the Christmas Tree!



I also always have lots of blankets and pillows to keep everyone comfy!

For dinner entertaining I like to serve on seasonal plates! I got these ceramic ones for 3$ each at Home Goods and got a bunch of them so if they break over the years I will not be broken hearted!





Ryan's family is also super into the Christmas Spode brand. Every year they give me a new piece to add to our collection! We have a big serving platter, some bowls and a couple glasses!



We got these Spode Glasses the night we got engaged last year!



So there you have it!
For Holiday Entertaining Comfy Cozy is my motto!

Comments

  1. Comfy and cozy is an awesome way to go!! And what a lovely collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I think making sure your guests is comfortable is a great way to have a nice party.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Christmas Spode dishes!! So nice that his family gifts you with those pieces each year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those glasses! And I agree, keeping guests comfy is so important and ensures that everyone wants to come back!

    -Megan
    www.megsblogs.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts