Random Gramma Polly Story

So the other night as I was driving home from work I called my Grammy to catch up. My Grammy is a talker and sometimes she goes off on these crazy stories and other times she tells me the same thing over and over again... this night was a crazy story night. 

She was telling me about my Papa's uncle who was a member of the Mafia in New York City back in the day (he is Lithuanian by the way... not sure if there is such a thing as a Lithuanian mafia... but I digress). Apparently he went to jail for someone high up in the mafia and ever since that his family was well taken care of. Apparently free refrigerators for everyone!?  

My Grammy was saying that at his funeral she had never seen more flowers filling up the room or more men in suits. Haha! 

Who knows if any of this is true or if my Grammy was just telling a tall tale but I felt like it was a funny story to share and one I will enjoy looking back on. She couldn't remember his name so I can't look him up!

My Grammy is my flower girl in the wedding and she is so excited about it. She bought her dress a month after we got engaged. She is my only grandparent left and it is nice to give her something special to do at the wedding! She is so silly.

 

Comments

Popular Posts