Kayaks and Killington

This has been a couple of crazy days... exactly how I like my summer! But crazy, fun-filled days usually leave me with little time to blog, so my apologizes for the mini hiatus! 

Last weekend I was in Connecticut, this weekend I was in Vermont and in the middle there was a whole lot of kayaking somewhere in central Massachusetts! I don't have any CT pictures so I will just jump right into the kayak ones! 

My aunt and uncle rent this gorgeous house on Lake Manchaug for two weeks every summer and they have an open door policy for the family - come enjoy whenever you want!! Conveniently for Ryan and I, we live only 25 min from the lake so we have been trying to enjoy it as much as we can! My aunt and uncle have kayaks every time we go, we explore a new part of the lake. 

 

Ryan and me! 


My sister, Ryan and me!

 

And a crazy black and white shot of me heading out into the deep! 


There is always some doc swimming too! How cute is my cousins dog Molly!? She wanted to be on the dock with us in the worst way so every time we swam out there she had to be pushed up so she could sit with us!

Hoping to get a couple more visits in this week before they don't have the house anymore! 

Lakes are in my top 5 things I missed when I lived in Louisiana. There are all sorts of monsters in the water down south and there is nothing like a clear blue lake in MA! 

This brings me to Killington, Vermont! This past weekend my friends (30 of us!) rented a house in the middle of VT. We do this every year and it is always a blast!  We had some great weather when we were there!


Got to love those mountains! 

 

 

The best part was our annual trip to Buttermilk Falls. These water falls are great and there are some great rock cliffs for jumping! 



I am 100% mid scream here!

 

Ryan was a little more graceful! 

 

 

So much fun! These past two weeks have left me exhausted! I actually took a 15 min nap in my car today at work. #CouldntKeepMyEyesOpen

It's good to be back! I missed you all!


Comments

Popular Posts