Life Lately - August 16, 2016

Life has been all over the place recently and since I couldn't get my thoughts together for a themed post, I figured I was due for random conglomeration Life Lately Post.

Life Lately - August 16, 2016

1.   I am still in a state of shock over the flooding devastation this past weekend in Louisiana. This picture is blurry but I think it helps put it in perspective. 


This is the Denham Springs Exit on the highway. 

1) You can't see the highway 
2) This is right next to where we live 

Unbelievable. 

Like yesterday, I ask for all of your prayers for the people who has lost their lives and homes. 


And if you want to do something more… at the bottom of yesterdays post there is a link to 5 ways which you can help. Check it out… here.

2. Since we have been inside basically the last 4 days there has been a whole lot of this… 


Lounging around with Willow! He is so happily oblivious to the world around him. Oh to be a spoiled house bunny. 

3. Paired with lounging around, there has been a lot of game play… specifically Monopoly! 


I NEVER win a single Monopoly game against my boyfriend! I have even tried adopting his game-play strategy (buy every single thing you land on) and that still doesn't work for me! At least I'm trying!? 

To read about some of our favorite games check out… here!

 4. If you have read any of my posts this past month then you know how obsessed we are about the Olympics! I am pretty sure the TV is on every time we are home! 

On Sunday night it was super exciting to watch Usain Bolt maintain his Fastest Man in the World title! Of course we were cheering on team USA but you got to give credit where credit is due! He is just so impressive!! 


And then of course we had to strike his famous pose too! 



Clearly Ryan is much better at it then I am!! 
(Please excuse my PJs and messy apartment!)

5. I have been reading a whole lot of this… 


Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand 

This is my first Hilderbrand novel and I think I am officially sold on her writing! A little late jumping on  the bandwagon but I'm glad I finally decided to pick up one of her books! 

So that is just a little bit of life lately going on around here! 


Comments

Popular Posts