Farewell Childhood Home Part 2


Yesterday I talked all about my childhood home that was just sold in Massachusetts. I shared all about the outside of the house to say farewell and today I will bid adieu to the inside.

Welcome Inside!

Since my mother is moving at the end of the month… the house is already mostly packed up and is very different form how I remember it. With this in mind... some of the below pictures are very bare and other older ones you can see all of the lived-in love. 




This couch was famous for picture taking! 








And into the kitchen… 




And the upstairs bathroom… 



Don't even ask! I think this had something to do with a scavenger hunt where we had to fit our team into a bathtub. 

My sisters room… 


My mothers room…


My room!!!!… 
The place I spend most of childhood! 
Loved it in here!
When I was little I had bright pink walls with a bunny border and when I was in high school I convinced my dad to paint it a more "adult" color. <3 



The best wavy mirrors from Ikea!



And I felt like I had to take pictures of these two… 

Yes that is the ceiling. I loved the spirals and they seemed so special to me all those years laying on my bed staring at them! I felt they deserved a picture! 


And my ballerina light-switch frame which will probably be thrown out when my mother moves out but will hold a special place in my heart! 


Moving downstairs… 



The first room you encounter in the hallway we always called the "cold room." It was never finished… mostly just storage and for some reason was always 10 degrees colder then the rest of the house!


But the BEST part about the cold room… there was this secret hallway that ran along the entirety of the basement. This was the only way in and out of the "hallway" but I always thought it was the houses coolest secret. 


The next room off the hallway was the guest room. 


…and then finally the largest part of the basement.. the finished hangout area!
(Sorry the lighting is very dark so the pictures are pretty bad quality) 




When I was little my dad built my sister and I a ballet bar so that we could practice!


If only someone could tell pouty high school me that I would eventually end up hugging those poles one last time… 





So that is it! 

What I have always considered home! 

And to my house… Thank you for providing warmth and shelter all of those 20-something years. Thank you for holding some of my most treasured memories. I hope your future tenants will love you as much as I have. 

Thanks for the Memories. 

Comments

Popular Posts