Ryan and My Meet Cute

For those not familiar with the term "Meet Cute" it is...

In film and television, a meet cute is a scene in which a future romantic couple meets for the first time. This type of scene is a staple of romantic comedies.

Since the wedding is only 11 days away I thought it would be fun to share Ryan and my Meet Cute! 

In the Spring of 2010, I found out that I was going to be an Freshman Orientation Leader (or as my school called it - Community Advisor (CA)). I was a Sophomore at the time I found out, but would not officially be a CA until the incoming freshmen came to school at the beginning of my Junior year.  

After all the CA's found out they had gotten selected, there was an ice cream social in the Campus Center to give everyone a chance to meet. Each freshman dorm floor usually gets divided up into sets of two or three groups and each CA gets assigned to those groups. I got assigned to to the second floor of Morgan Hall and so did Ryan! There was another CA who was also assigned to our floor but he wasn't able to make the ice cream social, so Ryan and I got a lot of time to talk and get to know each other (while enjoying icecream sundaes)! My initial impression was that he was a nice, funny and outgoing guy with the most beautiful blue eyes.... but he was a freshmen and we were about to work with each other so I didn't think anything more than that.  During our icecream chat we learned that each of use had gotten jobs on campus that summer so we decided maybe a couple days a week we could meet up and eat lunch together.

I didn't really see Ryan at all the rest of the school year up until the last day! My cousin and I had decided to party hop the night classes got out and we ended up at the track party with my roommates who ran cross country. I was dancing around and then Ryan came over and said hi. He asked me to dance but I said no! HA!!! Poor guy... again totally wasn't trying to get involved with him in that way since we were going to be working together. 

Summer started and Ryan and I ran into each other a lot since we were both working on campus. I was working in Academic Advising and he was working in the library. We started eating lunch together every day but it was never more then that. I even had a brief (but completely awkward) fling with a random guy that summer (who I like to block out now... urg we all have one of those). 

As summer came to a close, Ryan and I ended our summer jobs and started CA training. CA training is like bootcamp where we would work and prep for the incoming freshmen from 7am to 7pm every day for two weeks but also party late into the night every night. Since Ryan and I were working with the same Freshman floor, we spent A LOT of time together. 

I really started to fall for Ryan this week since we spent every waking minute together ... I definitely had a major crush on him and noticed myself getting jealous if other girls flirted with him. I had no idea if he was interested or not so I was just feeling out the situation. 

One night after training, but before the nightly party, Ryan had lost his voice so I had offered for him to come by my apartment for some tea. We were joking around and I could feel that omg-i-think-he-likes-me-too tension. As we were about to leave for the party my inner monologue was as follows: 

I think he likes me
 Is wonder if he is going to kiss me?
Maybe not
Screw it. 
I'll kiss him

And I did. =) 
Best decision I ever made! 
We then proceeded to make-out for the next 15 minutes. LOL

We didn't officially become boyfriend/girlfriend until September but everyone knew that we were together! 

And from there the rest is history!


The first picture of us together!

If you want to hear more about Ryan and my relationship you can check out our proposal story here!

Comments

Popular Posts