Tips and Tricks for Last Minute Work Trips

I travel a lot for my new job. It isn't every other week like some of my friends (looking at you Emily!!) but it is still frequent enough to warrant a blog post! The unique thing about some of my work trips is that they are super last minute. I usually don't know the details of my trips until the week of so I need to have my travel stuff together and ready to go at the drop of a hat! 


So here is how I do it!

Tips and Tricks for Last Minute Work Trips! 

1. Have the right gear! 
I always fly with just carry-ons - makes for easy in and out of the airport and saves a little $$. A good laptop bag is key. I love the bag I found on Amazon. It has both a shoulder strap and backpack straps. It has a padded laptop sleeve and a large pocket for anything else. There are also easily 6 other smaller zipper pockets for anything else you need. You can check it out HERE!

 


2. Pack only what you need!
 On vacations I overpack - for work trips I only pack what I know I will need! I like to pack business outfits I wear frequently so that I know that they work and there is no last minute outfit regrets. A lot of my trips are only one night stays and I have a couple go to travel outfits that are both comfy for plane rides and formal enough for giving a presentation. 

3. Choose Vitamin C
When traveling a lot, you encounter a lot of germs and in meetings you shake a lot of hands. My drink of choice on the plane is either orange or apple juice. I also make a point of taking Vitamin C supplements when on business trips. In addition to keeping Vitamin C handy, I always travel with antibacterial and use it frequently! 

4. Wait to pick your seat! 
If you have a long flight and prefer aisle or window - I dont recommend this, but if the flight is less than 3 hours wait to pick your seat! With last minute flights you can get a good idea of how full your flight is and if it isn't 100% full, you can get a seat in a row by itself! This has worked out for me pretty well in the past!


So those are my tips and trick! I am no way a pro but these things have helped me on the go! 

 

Comments

Popular Posts