I'm Words of Affirmation, He is Quality Time

Have you guys read The 5 Love Languages


Earlier in 2017 I heard a lot of couples talking about this book and I had to know more! The book and theory is written by Gary Chapman. The theory being that every person has their own love language and to have a successful relationship you need to understand both your partner and your own love language.

 You can find out your love language by taking the quiz here!

My love language is Words of Affirmation 
& Ryan's is Quality Time 

And it makes SO much sense!  

Words of Affirmation 

Actions don’t always speak louder than words. If this is your love language, unsolicited compliments mean the world to you. Hearing the words, “I love you,” are important – hearing the reasons behind that love sends your spirits skyward. Insults can leave you shattered and are not easily forgotten. Kind, encouraging, and positive words are truly life-giving 


 

Quality Time
Quality time is giving someone your undivided attention. I don’t mean sitting on the couch watching television. I mean sitting on the couch with the TV off, looking at each other and talking, and giving each other your undivided attention. For some people, quality time is their primary love language, and if you don’t give them quality time, they will not feel loved

 

I love this book (and forced Ryan to read it) because it helps you self identify and help you better understand your +1. After reading it Ryan agreed that it was "really interesting." I know this book is something I will pick up here and there and re-read throughout the years. I really recommend finding out your Love Language and if your plus 1 is also into it - them too!

Comments

  1. Quality Time and Acts of Service was tied for me! Which is sooo true!! Have you tried the Apology profile? It's by the same author and has an online quiz. I found that super interesting too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts