Wedding Wednesday: Centerpieces

Wedding flowers are SO expensive. Like ridiculous. For bouquets and boutonnieres you have to expect to pay ~$1000 and an additional ~$1000 when you add in flower centerpieces. When looking for places to save money we decided to make our own centerpieces and only do flowers for the bouquets and boutonnieres which means a whole lot of Pinteresting! 

Our wedding has a bit of a rustic vibe going so I fell in love with the idea of lanterns. Here are some of my favorite pins that fall in theme: 




So we ended up finding the above pictured exact lanterns (Ikea!!!) and we went on Sunday and bought 22 of them!! 

Our buddy Jon is super handy and woodsy and he is going to help us make the wood slice base (picture 1) this summer!

I also really like the idea of doing jars with babies breath. Kinda like this....

 

My grammy has an entire room in her basement full of mason jars from her canning days so the mason jars would be free and from there I would prob order babies breath in bulk from the super market to fill them up! 

I messed around with one yesterday: 

 

Now use your imagination: 


These are the lanterns and the flowers wouldn't be fake but babies breath with maybe a few white roses thrown in there. We might do smaller jars and thicker rope since a normal sized mason jar just seems so big next to the lantern. Still brainstorming... stay tuned! 

Comments

  1. I like the rustic theme. I have a niece getting married in October who is also doing the rustic theme. My sister (her mom) is doing the flowers. As for decor, most of it is DIY. She gets us girls together once a week to help put things together. Helps with wedding expenses.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts