New Car Vibes

On Saturday I bought my first car! My now old car was a 2005 Nissan Altima that I bought from my grandmother after my grandfather passed away... so I don't really count that as buying my first car. This time I had to do the whole thing from scratch - the online research, the millions of dealership visits, and the dreaded price negotiating.

I knew I wanted a certified pre-owned small SUV. Why? 
1) Snow snow and snow. I need all wheel drive!! 
2) In the next couple years I may find myself with babies and wanted a bigger/safer car
3) I think it just fits my style right now! 

So the search began. Believe it or not the first car we looked at ended up being the car we got but we made sure to check out a lot of other cars before committing!

I got a 2015 Nissan Rogue! 


I have never had to negotiate with a dealor before and I had no clue the science and strategy that went into it! My dad was a huge help in all this! 

Visit number one we did some test drives and my dad made sure to complain about all the little things. Then we had to look really interested but not toooo interested. LOL 

The second visit I brought my fiance and we again played hardball but since we were obviously coming back for more kept the dealer on the hook. 

At this point the dealer was texting me and was willing to go down $1000 on the price. Score. That is what my dad said to wait for and sure enough it happened! 

We visited a third and final time to get my (old) car appraised and got an additional $800 for it! Double Score! 

At this point we finally bought the car! Wooooo!


Hopefully this car gets me into my 30s and has a lot of adventures on the way! 

Comments

  1. Congrats on the new ride! I honestly don't do well with car dealerships. I always get stressed, then it shows by me becoming angry. The last vehicle we purchased was done by my husband. He looked, negotiated, and bought. I just went in to sign the paperwork.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts