Throwback Thursday: Luray Caverns

I thought it would be fun to do a Throwback Thursday post here and there to share some of my travels from before I started blogging! And to start it off... 


First off - this place is a total hole in the wall! I have been to Washington DC at least 5 times and no one ever told me that this amazing cave was so close (less then 2 hours)! 


Second - if you have never been to a cave full of stalagmites and stalactites - put this on your bucket list! It is amazing, beautiful, stunning, aw-inspiring and something totally out of this world! 


There is standing water in the cave which is so unbelievably still that the reflection is almost 100% perfect (see above photo).


Unbelievable huh?!


We went to Luray Caverns back in October of 2014 when Ryan was on location for work in Washington DC. I went to go visit for a long weekend and this was an awesome day trip adventure we had planned!!





 After you buy tickets you get a guided tour through the caverns and have free access to the museum above. I could of spent hours just staring at the beauty of the caves! I definitely want to go back someday - or go to another cave like this somewhere else in the world.

If you find yourself on a road trip through Virginia or visiting Washington DC someday go take the detour and check it out! So worth it!! 

Comments

Popular Posts