Steal & Splurge!


 This year I am joining the Show and Tell Tuesday link-up with Andrea from Momfessionals!

This week's theme is Steal and Splurge!
"How your family saves and what you feel is worth the splurge" 

Steal

 ~ I am not a makeup girl. I don't usually wear it during the work-week so it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me to spend tons of money on expensive makeup. CVS brand has always worked fine for me! 
~ Toothpaste, Toothbrushes and Floss. Confession time: I have never bought any of these! My mother works at a dentist and has kept us in high supply my entire life! Our toothpaste and floss have always been mini sample size but I plan to keep it that way as long as she works there! Love our freebie dental care!
~ Travel. We fly a lot. And when we know we are going to travel a certain time, we start looking for flights WAY in advance so that when the price dips we can jump on it! We love Kayak.com - really great place to compare prices of different airlines.


Splurge

~ To all the ladies out there - you will understand that one of my splurge items is toilet paper. Yup. Cheap papery toilet paper is SO not worth it. #BoysWillNeverUnderstandThis
~ Tech devices. I am team Apple products. I know it is ridiculous to buy a thousand dollar Apple laptop when you can buy an HP for a couple hundred... but I am a Mac and will always stay a loyal Apple customer.   
 ~ Periodic brand-name splurges! Here and there I like to treat myself to good quality jewelry and clothes. I really don't do this very frequently so when I do come across something I fall in love with - I don't feel guilty treating myself to it!

Can't wait to read how everyone else saves and splurges on! 

Comments

Popular Posts