Watch - Read - Listen

Before I jump into today's post a little writers note: 
When I started this blog my original commitment plan would be to post 3 days a week. I fell in love with blogging and have been pretty ambitious posting 5 days a week a majority of the time! Lately with my long commute I have been struggling to get the 5 days in. So (at least for now), I am going to move back to my 3 day goal and, if the week allows, post some more!! 

----------

Today I am going to do an entertainment update on what I have been watching, reading and listening to! 

Watch 

Have any of you ever watched Call The Midwife?? It is a BBC show that is on Netflix and I have slowly become obsessed with it. It follows these young midwives living in East London in the 1950s and 1960s. The stories are based off of the real memoirs of Jennifer Worth and they are so heartwarming.  If you are squeamish - don't watch this show but if you love all things babies - this is for you! I am on season 3 and watch it every time I work on chores!


Read

Before bed every night I try to read a little. Per recommendation, I am currently reading My Story by Elizabeth Smart and Chris Steward. This book is horrifying but a story that needs to be told.  The book follows Elizabeth Smart's abduction as a 14 year old and her time in captivity. Her perseverance and hope is and was amazing. Ryan is going to read the book after me and since I picked up the book we have had a lot of really good conversations about safety for us and (hopefully) our future children. I recommend it - but it is definitely a hard read. 


Listen 

Cults. My sorority sisters recommended this podcast to me when we had a family dinner over Christmas and it is so interesting! They go into the history and psychology of Cult leaders and the fascinating ways they are able to gain followers & manipulate them. It's weird how many of these cults I have heard about but didn't really know the details of! 



So that is my current Watch-Read-Listen! 
What forms of entertainment are you into right now!?
Any recommendations!?



Comments

Popular Posts