Friday Favorites (2.16.18)


A lot of my favorites happened all on Tuesday this week! 
We celebrated: 
And Ryan's Birthday 
All in one shot! 
 
We went out to dinner at Mare e Monti Trattoria which is an awesome little Italian restaurant! The goat cheese stuffed Gnocchi was definitely a favorite this week!

---------------

These gorgeous flowers that made their way into our apartment this week were def a big-time favorite!!

 ---------------
All the amazing Olympians who competed this week were favorites!! Every night we snuggle up and try to catch at least 1 hour of competitions!
---------------
On a more somber note: my dad's girlfriend's granddaughter goes to school at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, the school where the shooting happened this week. She is ok, but completely traumatized. I can't stop thinking about her, her friends, her parents and all of the families, teachers and students at that school. A family friend posted this on Facebook and I feel like she did a good job expressing how I feel: 
I volunteer every Thursday morning in _______'s classroom. This morning as I listened to his teacher read a book to her class I found myself looking around the classroom with thoughts of Florida in mind. What would I do if I was in the classroom when something like that happened? What would the teacher do if I or another helper was NOT in the classroom. There are 20 kindergartners and 1 teacher. I believe with everything I know that wonderful teacher would do anything she could to protect those little ones. But there are 20 of them. There is only one teacher. How do you choose. The answer is I shouldn't even have to wonder about this. My child is 6. When I send him off to school I should wonder who he should sit next to at lunch, and worry about whether he will remember to wash his hands before he eats. I should not have to worry about who will protect him and his classmates from violence. We need to do better. We need to demand better mental health services and awareness. We need to be more aware of potential problems and act on them. 
We all need to do better.    
 

Comments

  1. Wow, what a week! Thank you for sharing the words from your family friend, very well said!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts