The Good Girl

So I haven't done a book review in a long time... and honestly it is because I haven't had a whole lot of time to read recently! Last year I read 18 books and this year my goal was 20... I am falling short so I will need to pick it up! 

My most recent read was The Good Girl by Mary Kubica.


I had seen a lot of bloggers read this book over the summer and thought, why not! I picked it up without reading the overview and had zero clue what I was getting myself into. 

For those that want the book overview here it is: 

"I've been following her for the past few days. I know where she buys her groceries, where she works. I don't know the color of her eyes or what they look like when she's scared. But I will."
One night, Mia Dennett enters a bar to meet her on-again, off-again boyfriend. But when he doesn't show, she unwisely leaves with an enigmatic stranger. At first Colin Thatcher seems like a safe one-night stand. But following Colin home will turn out to be the worst mistake of Mia's life…

The book is from three different points of view: Mother of Mia, A dangerous man named Colin and a detective. 

The book is broken into "before" and "after" chapters of each point of view leading up to the main event which occurs at the time where before and after meet. 

Overall I liked the book but I did find it a little predictable. Even the major twists I saw coming. That being said, I do read a lot of books this style and often predict endings.... but that doesn't mean it wasn't good!  

I would recommend it if you like thrillers! It was a good read, a little dark but overall satisfying! 

Next on my reading list is a beach read that I never got around to in the summer....whoops!

Comments

Popular Posts