Sully

I saw Sully on Saturday and OMG it was SO good!! 


Tom Hanks slayed!


The movie is the true story of Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger and his heroic landing of US airways flight 1549. I remember when this happened! I was a freshmen in college and just got back to school after christmas break (it was January). My roommate and I had this little TV in our room and we barely ever watched it (except for Grey's Anatomy night) and we randomly decided to turn on the TV mid-day… which was totally weird for us! And literally the plane had just landed in the Hudson river and we were watching live coverage of the water landing. Unbelievable! I remember being glued to the TV for hours. 


I knew some details - birds hit the plane, the plane landed in the river and most importantly (and miraculously) no one died. 

Watching the movie I learned sooo much about the storyline that I didn't know about. 
I also may or may not have cried 1 hour out of the 1.5 hour movie. It's crazy because I knew the storyline and I still became so invested and emotional watching the film… which only means it was fantastic!


If you have a fear of flying- don't see this movie. Everyone else - I would 100% recommend it!! Sully truly is a real American Hero. 



Comments

Popular Posts