6 Years!

Six years ago today - a little past midnight - Ryan asked me if I would officially be his girlfriend! He had waited until after midnight because he didn't want our anniversary to be 9/11… so September 12th it is! <3

On Friday he came home from work with these beauties…


and I baked this yummy chocolate bundt cake…!



We decided to celebrate early on Saturday so that we could spend the whole day together! We toured the Tabasco factory and Jungle Gardens on Avery Island (an entire post on this in the near future) during the day…


And went out to for Italian at night! 


I had read about this restaurant: Nino's Italian and loved that they serve fresh and locally grown foods.  That plus homemade pasta totally had me convinced! 

Anniversary Dinner Menu:

Shared Appetizer
GNOCCHI
potato dumplings | scallion pesto | queso fresco | charred pepper

Entree
(Ryan) PESCATORE
spicy bacon marinara | blue mussels | U-10 sea scallop | gulf shrimp | fresh rigatoni | gremolata
(Me) BAKED ZITI
Iverstine Farms pork sausage | fresh ricotta | parmesan cheese | tomato-basil cream | rigatoni

Shared Dessert:
CHOCOLATE TORTE


OMG… this place was amazing!! The pesto for the gnocchi was to die for and my baked ziti was fantastic! I would totally recommend this place to anyone! The food was so yummy and atmosphere was perfectly romantic! I know we will definitely go back! 

And per anniversary tradition… we took some pictures of our dressed-up classy selves! 



 

. . . . . .
It's been a great 6 years! Can't wait for the next 6! 

Comments

Popular Posts