What's Up Wednesday! June 2016


Guys. 
Do you realize we are more then halfway done with the year?!
When did this happen!?
Crazy. 


And since it's the last Wednesday of the month… Happy What's Up Wednesday! As always I am linking up with The Larson LingoMix & Match Family and  Sheaffer Told Me To to share what's up this month! To read my past What's Up Wednesday's posts…




What we’re eating this week…

My new and favorite patriotic homemade berry popsicles! My new popsicle mold is possibly my new favorite fun kitchen gadget! And yes we will be eating these all summer! Read about them in yesterday's post... here!



What I’m reminiscing about…

Gosh! Walt Disney World! I seems like almost everyone I know on Facebook is going to Disney World right now and it makes me think back to the trip Ryan and I went on over last Thanksgiving! We probably won't go back for years but one can dream!







What I’m loving…

This guy!



What we’ve been up to…

4th of July cookout prep! Saturday we have people coming over for a 4th of July BBQ and I have been doing some serious Pinterest-ing looking for decoration and food ideas! These are some of my favorite finds so far…







What I’m dreading…

I have to travel up to Ann Arbor, Michigan for work and I am dreading having to front the money before I can be reimbursed! I wish I could travel like by boyfriend does for work on a company card and there is no travel money reimbursement wait! **sigh**

What I’m working on…

I am still working on the his and hers matching crochet baby blankets for my boyfriends new baby cousins! The "hers" is done but still working on the "his"!



 

If you are looking for an easy crochet pattern for beginners… check out my post featuring this blanket… here!

What I’m excited about…



Last Friday we watched the P&G National Gymnastics Championship and the gymnastics talent going to Rio is going to be fantastic!! I can't wait for the Olympics!


What I’m watching/reading…

Watching:


Currently the Bachelorette. I’m at this point where I am sort of not loving all of the guys. I don’t really want to watch Jojo make out with Luke for 2 whole minutes, I don’t feel like watching another chunk of time where she quizzes Jordan about something he did but in the end accept some strange shady answer and…. as my girlfriend pointed out on Monday… no more man skinny jeans! Seriously… I couldn't even get my thighs in the pants those guys wear! 

The only guy who I am still routing for is James Taylor. And not for Jojo… since I don’t think they really go well together… but for being the next Bachelor…. but please for the love of bachelor nation… give him a haircut first!! What is up with all of these guys and these crazy hair flips!?


I also am totally sad that Game of Thrones is over. I feel like it was just yesterday we were at a season premier party so it blows my mind 10 weeks have gone by! This is the one TV show my boyfriend and I both watch together so I will miss that Sunday night quality time (and the 15 mins after we debrief the episode)!




Reading:


This summer I am re-reading through a bunch of my older Jodi Picoult books. So far I have read:



House Rules 
(Which totally reminds me that I need to do my book review for this book! Maybe tomorrows post?!)


And am currently reading The Pact. Love me some Jodi Picoult!




What I’m listening to…


When I am in the apartment alone or doing chores I usually put something on Netflix or HBO-GO just for the background noise. The past month my background noise has been Sex and the City… which has turned out to be pretty hilarious. There has been a couple times my boyfriend has come home when I have been zoning out doing laundry or dishes and there will be some dramatic Sex scene and he will be like “What the heck are you watching?!?” lol. Hilarious. And Embarrassing. But mostly just Hilarious. 


What I’m wearing…


This dress has been one of my all-time favorite summer dresses!



Love the bright colors! I recently have been pairing it with my jean jacket, but I have also paired it with different color cardigans and worn it to work or as a beach cover-up! You can pair it with flats or sandals and there are always tons of accessories I can pair with it! 

But sadly I bought this dress 3 years ago and have not seen anything like it since! **Sigh**

But!!! If you are on the hunt for an awesome Jean Jacket… check out my last What's Up Wednesday post… here!



What I’m doing this weekend…


Friday at 4pm I am officially on vacation!! I may or may not have a countdown app on my iPhone!


 Then on Saturday we are 4th of July BBQ-ing and pooling! Keeping my fingers crossed the weather stays nice. Then finally on Sunday… I fly up to New England for a week-long vacation! Woohoo!


What I’m looking forward to next month…


Hello to wedding season! July kicks off this years’ worth of weddings for me! Last summer my boyfriend and I went to 7 weddings and this year we have 5! I love absolutely everything about wedding season! 

Excuses to dress up
Reason to fly to New England and see family and friends
The food
The cake
The dancing
All the happiness! 

I cry EVERY time the bride first comes out and the groom sees her the first time. That moment so warms my heart!

Bring. On. Wedding. Season!


What else is new…


That's about it dear friends! <3

Comments

Popular Posts