Patriotic Pops!

HELLOOOO new obsession! Aka… making homemade fruit popsicles! This weekend we are hosting a 4th of July BBQ and all week I have been brainstorming fun patriotic foods! I saw these on Pinterest…


And got inspired!!! So I went out bought these: Zoku Classic Pop Molds


Keeping in mind my inspiration pops and staying with the 4th of July theme… I decided to try out some Red White and Blue berry pops! 

To start I set up the pop molds. This involved assembling the sticks and cleaning out the molds.


Next I got the ingredients together! For these 6 pops I used:

1 Package of Strawberries 
1/2 Package of Blueberries 
2 Vanilla Greek Yogurts 


Using a blender, I mixed up half of the carton of blueberries and filled the molds about 1/3 of the way up. Next I added a thin layer of yogurt. I used a spoon but next time I may use the ole plastic-bag-with-the-tip-cut-off technique so they have better lines. I then blended the strawberries and added a thin layer to the molds. Repeat yogurt layer and strawberry layer! 

In short it goes… blueberry, yogurt, strawberry, yogurt strawberry! 

I then inserted the plastic sticks which click right into place and stuck them in the freezer! 

The mold directions say to freeze them for 8 hours. Well after 4 we were excited and wanted to check them out… 


One super excited boyfriend and one pretty melty pop! 


Soooo we put it back in the mold and let them sit for the rest of the night! And this is what they look like now… #PopsiclePerfection! 


My lines may not look as straight and clean as the inspiration photo but man do they taste yummy! Super healthy and crazy easy!!! There will be more fruity pops in my near future!



Comments

Popular Posts