His and Hers Baby Blankets (Easy Crochet for Beginners)

Hello lovely readers! 

I'm pretty sure I have never mentioned this before, but I am a serious Crochet lover! Two years ago during my time frame between moving to Louisiana and finding a job, I needed a new hobby and fell into crocheting! I would recreationally knit but never really loved it… crocheting on the other hand felt so much easier for a beginner and it amazed me how quick I picked it up! 

Annnd as I hit the second half of my 20s… not only is EVERYONE getting married… they are also starting to pop out babies! … And there is nothing easier than whipping out a crochet baby blanket for a nice homemade gift! I firmly believe no one can have to many blankets!! 

So my boyfriend's cousin just had his first child (boy) 3 months ago and his cousin's sister is now having a baby in October (girl) so I am making his and hers matching baby blankets! This way these two new baby cousins will have matching blankets! 

My go-to baby blanket pattern is also one of the easiest for beginners! The blanket is in a square pattern, you can use as many or as little colors as you want, the yarn is super thick and fluffy (perfect for someone learning) and can whipped out in a couple hours (once you get the hang of it). 

This is what the finished baby girl blanket looks like… 




I actually started the boy blanket last night so no pictures of that one yet! I am going off a youtube video for a slightly different patter but with the same concept: square, fluffy and tri-colored! 

If interested… this is what you will need: 
This is how I learned to Crochet… a super slow speaking lady on youtube! Trust me- this is a great one for beginners and you will love how it turns out!! If I remember to - I will post pictures of my blanket progress this Friday so come by and check out how I'm doing on the his blanket! 

Comments

Popular Posts