Wreaths!

For the past two years I have been making my own door wreaths! I find that by making them myself I save money and have so much more pride when I see them hanging on my door! I also make them as housewarming gifts (way more fun then bringing over a bottle of wine)!

These are my most recent wreaths (some mine, some gifts)!


My first wreath! I was so proud!! 


  
I made this one as a request for a friend in Boston! The bow is detachable depending on their preference! 

This is my Mardi Gras wreath! Actually hanging on my door right now! 

This is one of my fall wreaths. My first experiment with burlap and wire framing. This past year I added a large maroon bow (not pictured) and I love it so much more! Next time I will make the wreath base burlap a little less tight to give it more volume!

This was my most recent wreath for a friend who bought his first house. As a single guy at the time, I thought it fitting to give him something homey and decorative since I was 90% sure his new house was about to turn into the ultimate bachelor pad! For the record he has it hung up and it looks great! 

These wreaths I made with materials from a mix of Michaels, Hobby Lobby & other miscellaneous craft stores (aka the craft rows at Walmart and Target). Most stores have flower mark-down/sales days where they get way more affordable to stock up on. The twisted stick wreath base I can find for around $5-10 dollars. The flowers, base, some wire cutters, hot glue and a little love and time made these wreaths! Recently I have thought about setting up an Etsy page to sell custom made wreaths. The idea would be that they would pick out the color scheme and choose the percentage of the wreath that would be covered in flowers. The technicalities of mailing/selling the wreaths is what has stopped me… How do I ship them so large?… I doubt they make wreath boxes. How much will that cost me? What price would I sell them at to make a profit? Would anyone even want a wreath!? For now I'll make them for my friends and family when they ask! Maybe someday I'll decide to sell them! Who knows =)! If you have any questions on these wreaths and how to make them, please ask in the comment section! <3 WC 

Comments

Popular Posts