Willow and the Christmas Tree

Sadly this will be my last Christmas related post for the season (I think). I could probably write a blog entirely about the "best time of the year" but since the point of this blog is to document life more… it can't all be about my favorite holiday! So in honor of the last xmas post… it will be about my silly bunny and his love for the Christmas tree. 

Willow is obsessed with all Christmas Trees. And when I say obsessed.. I mean OBSESSED! Every time he is out of the cage these days, his goal in life is to go love on the Christmas Tree. It started off as simple curiosity… what is this new, great smelling thing in my living room… then slowly turned into his favorite thing in the entire world. Willow is 3 years old now and we have had a real tree every year, but this year he seems to be taking it to a whole new level. 

I have read mixed reviews about bunnies and Christmas Trees. Some say that rabbits live in the wild and encounter pine trees naturally so that it is fine for bunnies to be around them and other articles say the pine needles can be toxic if too many are eaten. So to stay on the safe side, I prefer for Willow to stay away. But lets be real. It is almost nearly impossible to keep anything away from a bunny if it is his favorite thing. 

Our blockade method included: a pillow and storage bin lid barrier surrounding the tree… but when we look away for 1 minute Willow will daringly scale the wall. His two favorite methods: 1) He climbs onto the nearby couch and finds a weak spot. 2) Jumps blindly into the tree and just assumes his safety will not be at risk by doing so.  When he does successfully make it under/behind the tree he loves to chew on the tree branches and drink the sappy tree water…ick. Both things I would much prefer for him not to do. 
Caught in the act (sorry sort of a dark picture) 
The face I get when he gets yelled at for being under the tree…

It is sort of a competition between Willow and I: who loves Christmas more. When it comes to the tree he is definitely giving me a run for my money! I mean look at this face… pure Christmas Tree Love! 


I think this last picture is so funny - that is sort of how he looks when he blindly jumps into the tree! 

I am sad to report that we took the tree down this past weekend. I think both him and I miss it sorely. Only 354 days until next Christmas Willow! <3 WC

Comments

Popular Posts