What's Up Wednesday! January 2016


The last Wednesday of every month I am linking up with The Larson Lingo, Mix & Match Family and Pinterest Told Me To for "What's Up Wednesday!" What does this mean? Basically on those special Wednesdays I will be answering the following questions… 

 

As a new blogger I thought this would be a fun way to connect with other bloggers out there and keep ya'll posted on whats new (or not so new) in my world! 

What we're eating this week… 
Ham Ham and more Ham. My boyfriend gets a gift card every year around thanksgiving to buy a turkey or a ham. We ended up going with the ham (obviously) and have had it in the freezer ever since. We are moving in a couple months, which means we are eating through our large frozen items. We could no longer procrastinate it and we made a big ole ham dinner this past weekend! Crazy how much you have leftover when there are only 2 of you eating a large ham! Nevertheless that has been the dinner and lunch menu for the week! 



What I'm reminiscing about… 
Four years ago, one side of my family (parents, aunts, uncles cousins, etc) all went on a big cruise to the Caribbean. Facebook sent me one of those flashback memories today and it made me think about all the fun and hilarious memories we had on that trip (which included my dad entering the sexiest man aboard the ship contest and doing an R rated scavenger hunt with my aunts and  cousins). We had said we would try and do a family trip every 5 years so heres to hoping one gets planned for 2017! 


(Man don't you just wish you were on this beach!?… Grand Turk in case your interested) 

What I'm loving… 
These two! My favorite things to come home to everyday! 









What we have been up to… 
The past couple weekends have been dedicated to finding a new apartment. My boyfriend and I are moving back to Baton Rouge, LA. That is where he currently works and the commute has been a nightmare from New Orleans (1.5 hrs each way… yikes)! My job is allowing me to work from a remote office which will be great! Apartment hunting has proved to be a nightmare though and we finally settled on a place this past week!  YAY!

What I'm dreading… 
On the same topic of moving…omg I hate packing! Un-packing - no problem! I can unpack our apartment in one day, but packing… ICK. I will probably procrastinate that as long as I can! We move in March so I still have another whole month to dread it (don't be surprised if this is the same answer come next months "What's Up Wednesday!" 


(This is the moving truck from when we first moved to Louisiana over 2 years ago! Crazy how the time flies!! Wish we had fancy movers to move us this time!) 

What I'm working on… 
Trying to eat more vegetables! I'm infamously picky when it comes to veggies (and food in general) so I am re-trying new vegetables and experimenting with recipes to try and add more to my diet. I feel like the Oprah  commercial… "I LOVE BREAD"… but seriously. Side note: I am giving up all desserts and cheese for Lent… we shall see how that one goes! Part of the eat-more-veggies mindset! 
  
What I'm excited about…
Believe it or not this is the first time in a LONG time where I have not had a single flight booked! Last summer I flew up to New England for 7 weddings and 1 college graduation. Then came holiday travel and **snap** the year was over! So I am excited about not having any crazy travel plans in the near future!… Though I do have 3 weddings this coming summer so I'm sure the no-travel will be short lived! I will enjoy my one month of "relaxation"… haha not!

What I'm watching/reading… 
Lets start with watching - My two current TV shows are The Bachelor and Downtown Abbey. I believe 90% of The Bachelor is complete nonsense and the other 10% are people who genuinely are looking for love… It is fun to watch the silly antics and get your weekly dose of reality tv drama! PS- I so love Ben… he might be my favorite Bachelor to date. Downtown Abbey is also tons of fun. I feel like this season in particular has been more funny then some of the more serious ones in the past! So sad that it is the last season!




For reading... ok don't laugh at me… I am actually re-reading the Harry Potter books. This all started when my boyfriend and I were planning our trip to Universal Studios and Disney World for Thanksgiving (read more about that trip here…Tsum Tsum-ing Around Disney). Harry Potter World was a major must-do and to get myself excited about the trip I re-read book 1. Well comes to find out you can't just re-read book 1 and expect to stop there… so now I am committed to finishing the series! I am currently on book 5 (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)! 



What I'm listening to… 
Fun fact: I am completely into classic Irish folk music. My favorite Pandora station is High Kings Radio. Give it a shot if you are looking for something completely new! Besides that, I have been listening to tons of podcasts while I am at work. You can see a post on my favorite podcasts here: Serial-y



What I'm wearing… 
Basically all things Charming Charlie aka my new favorite store! I blogged about it here: Crazy Over Charming Charlie. This watch has lived on my wrist! Definitely my favorite accessory right now!



What I'm doing this weekend… 
The plan is absolutely nothing… but realistically I have a mountain high to-do list which includes a bunch of errands which will hopefully get done! Wish me luck! Hopefully a trip to the gym happens… girls… we all know February means its time-to-get-your-$@#&-together-for-bikini-season. Lets see if that actually happens! 

What I'm looking forward to next month… 
Oh my gosh! So much is happening in February! It is my Grammys birthday on the 5th, then my boyfriends birthday on the 17th and then my goddaughters birthday on the 19th! Those 3 big days plus Mardi Gras Season (actual Mardi Gras being the 9th) and then Valentines Day on the 14th! So many fun things to celebrate! Good thing it is a leap year and we get the extra day because I predict it is going to fly by! 

What else is new… 
Hmm lets see… 
I am officially my boyfriends hair dresser (I totally plan to post about this some day)  
Willow gave us a scare this week... but thank goodness he is a-ok 
Today I learned that the Great Wall of China can NOT be seen from space. Unfortunately that is a rumor. (It can be seen from low earth orbit but not from space).. sort of a bummer. 

That's really it for now! Stay tuned for part 2 of my Mardi Gras discoveries tomorrow! (Part 1 can be found here: Mardi Gras Part 1: Kings Cake. <3 WC


Comments

Popular Posts