Serial-ly

I think I may be completely slow to jump on this bandwagon... but today I discovered and became completely addicted to the podcast Serial (season 1). The podcast focuses on the true 1999 murder of Hae Min Lee and Adnan Syed, the boy convicted of her murder. Sarah Koenig (host and co-producer) does an unbelievable job laying out the facts about the case and outlining all sides of the story. I will not give anything away but after every single episode I find myself wondering… is this boy a murderer? is he innocent? I just don't know!!

If you have a phone… go download and start listening!!!  The episodes are pretty short, 30-40min each so its perfect for being stuck in traffic or for some down time!

 

And while we are on the topic of podcasts… these are my other favorites!

TED Radio Hour - "The TED Radio Hour is a journey through fascinating ideas: astonishing inventions, fresh approaches to old problems, new ways to think and create. Based on Talks given by riveting speakers on the world-renowned TED stage, each show is centered on a common theme – such as the source of happiness, crowd-sourcing innovation, power shifts, or inexplicable connections."

I love this one! The scientist in me loves learning about new things and hearing incredible stories about peoples lives. I have been a loyal TED fan for a while now! Check out some of their archived talks! I have never listened to one I haven't liked! 


I'm semi-new to This American Life but the narrator Ira Glass has won me over. He is easy to listen to and the stories are always entertaining, interesting and creative!  


I much prefer to listen to podcasts when at work or in the car. I feel like it is more stimulating than listening to music sometimes and it is great to learn about new people, places and things! Happy listening! <3 WC

Comments

Popular Posts