Gnarly Barley

Over this past weekend, my boyfriend and I went to Hammond, LA to meet some friends for a brewery  tour at Gnarly Barley! A few of our friends are super into craft beer and brewery tours so this seems to be a frequent weekend activity in our group. So there is something you should know about me…. I don't drink… like at all. Never have! It has sort of become a joke in my group about how going on a brewery tour is my favorite activity… lol not. 


But here is the thing! I had a blast! Normally I just wander around and people watch, but this time I was  totally into it and had a ton of fun!! 

The tour took place in one large warehouse which is divided into an office, the brewing area and then a bar/ hangout section.

 

As detailed and interesting the tour itself was, what sold me completely was the Co-founder/Brewer/ tour guide extraordinaire Zac Caramonta. He was so proud of his process and the company that he built.  He seemed cool, fun and relatable. Not to mention he rocked a kick-ass beard! 


We didn't get to meet the other co-founder aka his wife Cari Caramonta because she had a baby recently. Zac was talking about his new baby and how happy, excited and in love he was with his new little girl and truthfully - thats probably what made me like him the most. Love meeting a father who is in awe of his child! 

I can't speak for the beer - as I didn't have any - but my friends seemed obsessed with a peanut-butter brew and they seemed to have as much fun as I did! We did play some serious rounds of ping-pong that went to the extreme level… aka no rules just keep the ball moving!… but I digress heehee 

If you find yourself in the area - definitely go check out Gnarly Barley! You can get more information about their brews, location, events and history here. For a non-beer drinker, this was the best brewery tour I have ever been on (and I have been on a bunch)!! Enjoy! XOXO WC   

Comments

Popular Posts