Winter Wonderland


Ever since I moved to Louisiana, I haven't had to deal with any of the side effects of winter. 

No Snow. 
No Snain. 
(I hate the word sleet so this is my substitute) 
No Ice. 
(Well we did get a little … and I mean a little... bit of ice 2 years ago and for all the native Louisiana folk… the world ended… I mean really… they shut down everything… even the highway!! … but I digress...) 

Don't get me wrong. I hate the winter. My favorite part about living in the south is that you never need to worry about shoveling a driveway or scraping ice off your windshield. But at the same time, part of me is sentimental and misses the beauty that comes along with winter. Take the first snow fall of the season - it's all clean and white - something about it creates this sort of calm over everything outside. Simply beautiful. I was feeling especially sentimental about it today (it was a remarkably cold day for Louisiana) and thought I would share some of my favorite wintery photos from the 2012-2013 winter season.

 


 



Comments

Popular Posts