Hershey's Hot Cocoa Jars

Annnnnd I'm Back! 

This year for Christmas and New Years I flew up to Massachusetts. I couldn't wait to go home and see my friends and family! One thing that proves challenging every year (and I sort of dread) is traveling with Christmas presents. I love the process of buying presents for everyone and am usually done with gift shopping by Thanksgiving! It is the traveling with gifts part that I dislike. Since I couldn't check a million of bags on my flight and therefore was limited to the space available it made present selection difficult. Last year I made the mistake of putting all of my presents in my carry-on. One of my gift items was obscure and the TSA officers had to search my bag and open all of my already wrapped presents. #PainInTheAss #FeltLikeTheGrinch … Well this year I learned… sort of.   

With the exception of 3 large gifts, most of my gifts were relatively small and were all packed into my checked bag (there was no security line present unwrapping for me this year!). Annnd this brings me to what this post is about. 

You know how every year you go to a party or gathering and you get a present from someone but you don't have anything for them??!! OMG Worst feeling ever. #SoAwkward. This happened big time last year at my boyfriends house where his whole extended family had presents for me and I unfortunately did not have any for them. Once again - learning from last years mistakes. 

This year I prepped Hershey's Hot Cocoa jars as backup gifts! 
I bought some small ~ 6 inch tall Mason Jars from Michaels and the ingredients: Hershey's Cocoa, Sugar, Mini Chocolate Chips and Mini Marshmallows. The plan was to assemble them in MA and to purchase and pack all of the ingredients while still in LA. The above and below pictured one is my practice jar to make sure my vision would come to reality properly. 
To finish them off I tied a cute little tag on the side with the Hot Cocoa directions on one side and my merry wishes on the other side. In case you can't read the tag, it says: 

Hershey's Hot Cocoa
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1/3 cup water
4 cups milk
3/4 tsp vanilla

"Mix sugar, cocoa & water in saucepan. Heat on medium until boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Stir in milk, do not boil. Remove from heat and add vanilla" 

Obviously since the wet ingredients can not be included in the jars, I only added the sugar and cocoa. Bonus: I added some fun stuff: chocolate chips and marshmallows! These cute little jars do not cost much, are easy to assemble and are the perfect little last minute gift! They were a huge hit! I made a total of 5 of them and they I was totally prepared for the extended family gift giving!! <3 WC

Comments

Popular Posts