Pre Bridal Shower Nerves

Over the weekend I had my bridal shower and it was fantastic... but I have to be real with you... the night before and the morning of I was nervous!

I think it was a mix of a couple things: 

First off I think I was nervous about all of the attention. I know this was only a fraction of the overall attention when compared to what the wedding will be like but I was definitely nervous to have everyone focused on me.

Second up - there were a lot of people going to the shower that I had no idea who they were. Ryan had a lot of extended family and parent's friends that got invited and though I may have met them for 2 seconds at his sister's wedding, I couldn't remember their names or relations. 

And to wrap it up - the wine and champagne glass debacale. If you were around last Friday I had discovered that there was a glitch in our wedding registry and for some reason when people bought the wine or champagne glasses, it did not check it off the list... so a bunch of people kept buying them. According to the registry there was 40 wine glasses and 32 champagne glasses coming our way! LOL I was nervous about how this was going to go down at the shower...! The good news, it wasn't a big deal at all (but leading up to the shower I didn't know that). 

So I was a bundle of nerves. I was like this leading up to my bachelorette party too! Part of me thinks this is due to my I-like-to-be-the-planner-and-not-the-one-getting-surprised personality. 

To get ready for the shower I was running around the city all morning trying to doll up! I had an appointment to get my hair done and my hairdresser was running way behind. This was basically my face the entire 20 minutes the appointment before me ran over.


I also got my nails done! I have been on the hunt for the perfect blush/light pink and I think I am getting closer!


Nerves aside - the shower was lovely and it was so nice getting to see all my friends and family! I will share more with all of you this week (after I get some time to go though the photos)! 

 

Comments

Popular Posts