A Little Life Lately!

I feel like I have been all over the place the last month so today is full of updates/thoughts/stories... whatever comes to mind!!

Blog Re-model

If you have been around for a while, then you know that I have been planning to re-name/re-brand the blog. I have decided on a name... Shooshanigans! I am getting married in May and will become Mrs. Shooshan! Shooshanigans, as a play off of the word "shenanigans" has been our relationship hashtag since we got engaged last December and I thought it would be a fun way to brand the blog. I am still playing with fonts, styles, etc and will not make the shift without fare warning. Stay tuned! The tentative shift will be over Thanksgiving weekend as long as I can dedicate a few hours to make it happen! Stay tuned!


Embarrassing Plane Story 

I was flying to Houston for work last week and had a totally mortifying moment. I was sitting in the aisle seat of the plane and there was this lady sitting next to me. Now imagine, she was sitting to the right of me and her left leg was crossed over her right leg (see below). This created a gap under her left leg and the seat cushion. 


So I was reading The Identicals (Elin Hilderbrand) at the time and toward the end of the book where it was super good so I wasn't really paying attention as I was eating my blueberry muffin. A big chunk... like bigger than a quarter sized chunk... fell and landed right under the ladies leg gap!!! Ahh! She was sleeping so her eyes were shut (thank goodness). I spent the next 10 minutes horrified trying to figure out how to get the piece of muffin without touching her and totally creeping her out.  I even got a napkin, rolled it up and tried hitting it out of the way. Gahh. Fail. Then... to my horror... SHE UNCROSSED HER LEGS!!! omg. She smooshed the muffin and I'm sure it got all over her jeans. Horror. At that point I completely gave up... but later when she got up to go to the bathroom, the muffin wasn't smooshed all over the back of her pants!! THANK GOODNESS! I was feeling so bad and embarrassed... it must have fallen on the floor!

Fall

For the last 4 years I have lived in Louisiana and we did not travel back to Massachusetts for Thanksgiving. This means... we have not seen a real New England fall in years! The leaves just started to change and I have been a little obsessed. I have developed this new habit of finding a beautiful leaf and pressing them in whatever book I am reading at the time! I hope to re-read these books years from now and re-discover the leaf!


Ozark

This past week I binge watched season 1 of Ozark on Netflix and omg... so good. Reminded me of Breaking Bad a little and I was totally addicted until I finished! Ryan has been addicted to baseball this week so I haven't felt bad watching a couple episodes a night!





So that's it! I little random from my life lately!

Comments

Popular Posts