ROOM

Monday and Tuesday of this week I was home from work sick. And since I couldn't really do much, I basically just read all day! My book of choice this time was ROOM by Emma Donoghue. 





The book was unbelievable. How Emma Donoghue was able to 1. Write an entire novel from the perspective of a 5 year old and 2. Be able to visualize and create this world was truly remarkable. This book has a disturbing undertone which keeps you drawn in and demonstrates the power over love in the most hopeless of places. 

And the plus - which I didn't even know about what I started reading the book - was that it is also a new movie! It came out just last year and has been winning awards!! How did I miss this?? 

 

I'm a true believer that you should always read the book before watching the movie anyways so knowing this really wouldn't of changed my course of events… but now I can't wait to download the movie! Here is the trailer if you are not already convinced to read/watch this movie… 


I can see how this book/movie may not be for everyone. It does have some disturbing stuff in it … but let me remind you that the book takes place from the 5 year olds point of view so nothing is ever that graphic. The movie is rated R and I think the book would either be the same or an advanced PG-13. Don't let this hold you back from reading and watching it though!! It is a quick, eye-opening read which I am glad I stumbled upon. Happy reading <3WC

Comments

Popular Posts