What's Up Wednesday! January 2018


For those new around here - What's Up Wednesday is my favorite link-up which is basically a month in review post! I love seeing how much happened in the month and think it is a great way to get to know new bloggers with a quick snapchat of their lives!

And to read the 2017 and 2018 What's Up Wednesday posts (along with all my other link-ups)click the Just For Fun page or go here!

Linking-up with: 
 The Larson Lingo 
Mix & Match Family 
Sheaffer Told Me To 


What we're eating this week…

AKA What I wish I was eating this week... 

I threw my dad a birthday party last Friday and I made a white cake with homemade raspberry filling. IT LOOKED SO GOOD!!! But... I am not doing desserts until after the wedding (3 months to go!) so I had to say no this time!

 

This goofball celebrating 59 awesome years... or how we have been saying it "30 with 29 years experience" lol

 

What I'm reminiscing about…
This time last year I planned an epic birthday surprise for Ryan and planned a surprise visit from his sister and brother-in-law! I still can't believe we pulled it off!

His birthday is in 3 weeks and I do have a surprise for this year but nothing like last!!



What I'm loving…

I bought a pair of ankle boots at TJ Maxx that are super similar to Uggs and I am obsessed with them! For some reason they remind me of gingerbread houses (which is totally weird) but might be why I love them so much! They are Sugar brand - unfortunately I couldn't find them online but any pair of ankle Uggs are probably very similar.

 


What we've been up to…
 Well if you are new around here... I got in a really bad car accident at the beginning of the month and since then it has been a whirl-wind. Thank god I am almost back to "me" but as get back to normal I have been dealing with buying a new car, all the car insurance stuff and trying to get comfortable driving again. Honestly it has been a lot but I am happy to have it almost all behind me

The new car!
Nissan Rouge Sport in Glacier White

 

What I'm dreading...

Confession time: I sleep awful when Ryan is away. I always end up waking up a bunch and have the hardest time falling asleep. #Struggles In February he has a bunch of weekend trips and I'm dreading being alone those weekend!

What I'm working on…

Being three months away from the wedding I am trying to get together my beauty schedule. One of the things on the list is fake eyelashes. My aunt who owns a spa and is on top of this kind of stuff has a contact that does eyelashes that stay on for about a month. I was originally planning to just do day-of fake eyelashes but she is trying to sway me to get them for the next 3 months.

HELP!!

Does anyone have thoughts or opinions here!? I am clueless!
I really just want them to look natural! And if that means get long term ones made for me then maybe that's the way to go.



What I'm exited about…

I love the Olympics! We go hard during Olympic season and try and watch it a little every night!

 
 
What I'm watching/reading…

Watching:

The Bachelor. 
I kind of like Arie but he just seems so old for all these girls. I have no inclination on who he will end up with but I guess I am along for the ride. 



Reading:

I am (very slowly) working through The Castaways and embarrased to say that it has been 3 months. It is kinda slow. I ordered a couple new ones I am excited to read but feel like I need to just get through this one and move on. This is probably my least favorite Elin Hilderbrand book so far.

 

What I'm listening to…


This American Life has had some really awesome episodes lately! 
This has consistently been my favorite podcast and really recommend it!



 
What I'm doing this weekend…

My only plans this weekend involve funny commercials and Justin Timberlake.. oh yea and some men running around with a football. Being from New England I am a Patriots fan so gooo Pats!



What I'm looking forward to next month…

We just sent out our Wedding Invites and I am looking forward to getting all the RSVPs in the mail!

Comments

  1. Ugh, I am so with you on sleeping terrible when S.O. is away! Hooray for your upcoming wedding though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dreading my husband being away coming up soon too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts