Post-Accident Update

Well I took an unplanned blogging break to get my life back in order. It has been two weeks since the car accident and I am finally starting to feel myself again. In the first week following the accident I was basically couch bound dealing with some serious whiplash, headaches, back and neck pain. By the weekend I was able to walk around but needed a pillow every time I sat down. I spent the week dealing with car insurance and buying a new car... an extra headache on top of it all. 

This past week I went back to work. My coworkers have been understanding but I still struggle with sitting still through a 1 hour meeting in an uncomfortable chair. The hardest part about being back to work is my commute. The car flip happened on my way home from work so I have a hard time taking the same exit as where it happened. I also tense up every time I hit a bump... even when I see it coming... I am hoping this will go away with time. 

Trying to stay positive: 

I got my new car this weekend! I settled on another Nissan Rouge but this time bought the Sport version. It is a smaller SUV but still drives and feels like a regular SUV. I got to pick it up this weekend and so far it drives really well.



My bruises are basically gone and I am just left dealing with some back pack. This past Friday was the first day since the accident where I didn't have to take Ibuprofen to get through the day... and haven't needed it since! My heating pad has been enough to help the remaining pain. 

Ryan has been awesome. And so have all of my friends and family. I had a flood of visitors who brought food and company the week I was immobile. You are all the best! 

I keep thinking that maybe I got all of the bad things out of the way for 2018 and only have good things to look forward to! Here's hoping! 

 

Comments

Popular Posts