Friday Favorites (1.26.18)


Haven't done a Friday Favorites in a while because of the unexpected blogging break due to car accident but it feels good to be back!

--1--

I have to give a shout out to my new (used) car. I got a 2017 Nissan Rouge Sport. Honestly I wasn't very excited about getting a new car, still sad and upset about my other car that was totaled during the accident. But now that the dust has settled, I have started to really enjoy the new car. The color is "Glacier White" and I am really loving how it looks and how it drives!
 
 


--2--

Ryan was sick last week and while he was awake between naps we put in Harry Potter #1. Well... fast forward a week and we are watching the last movie in the series! We have been having a spontaneous Harry Potter marathon (or as we have been calling it... "The Poots"). We love us some Harry Potter!



--3--
 In a couple of weeks we are throwing a Mardi Gras party and it has been a lot of fun planning it! We ordered a Kings Cake straight from Louisiana, got a ton of decorations and have been digging through our Southern cookbooks for some yummy recipes! 

 



Speaking of southern food - our main dish is going to be Jambalaya! Ryan said we NEEDED a big cast iron pot so I said go for it... and he wasn't kidding when he said big! This thing is huge! I know that is his favorite for the week!


--4--

Tonight I am throwing my dad a birthday party and he requested a white cake with raspberry touches! I haven't made a cake in so long and the smell has been amazing!

I am making Mix & Match Mama's White Chocolate Raspberry Cake

(Her Photo) 



I am not eating desserts until wedding cake on the big day so I hope everyone likes it!

--5-- 

And my last favorite for the week is a big one! Ryan and I hit the 100 day countdown to our wedding yesterday and that makes it seem soooo close!! I remember when it was in the mid 400s and it felt so far away! Man the time does fly!



Comments

  1. I live in Louisiana and yes, I would say that it quite a pot! I suggest jambalaya, crawfish étouffée, and shrimp creole to your list of menu items. King Cake is always popular, but so is bread pudding with rum or whiskey sauce! Let the good times roll!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts