Summer New England Vaca Days 5-7

In case you were not here yesterday… I started to share my recent vacation up to New England to visit family and friends! You can catch up on that post here… 


Jumping into where I left off… 

Day 5

So one reason (among many) I went to MA for an entire week was because I needed to have mouth surgery... and since my mother works at a dentist… it made the most sense to have it done there! I had a fibroma (aka a tiny fibrous connective tissue tumor) in my lip that needed to be removed and sent off to biopsy. So first thing in the morning on Thursday, I went and had that sucker cut out! The dentist who preformed the surgery was AMAZING. I seriously had no clue when she removed it or gave me stitches.. she numbed me up sooo good! 

Surgery made Thursday mostly a bust with the exception of going to the movies! Since I wasn't really up for socializing, but my family wanted to see me again before I left, we decided to go see a movie (so I could sit and ice my face in the dark while still being social before and after the show). We saw The Legend of Tarzan and I loved it!! The movie plot is about the life of Tarzan and Jane after they leave Africa but after various circumstances have to return. 


The best part of the entire movie (even with my drugged-out haze) was Alexander Skarsgård.  SMOKIN HOT. Seriously. There is a little bit of a Magic Mike thing happening with those abs… ok I'll stop drooling. But seriously… look at him….! 


#Swoon. 

Day 6

On Friday my sister and I had reserved the day to spend with each other. I was really craving some preppy-new england-style tourism so we decided to take a day trip to Newport, Rhode Island! 



Since I was still swollen and puffy from surgery… there are no pictures of me... but I did take some pictures of my new souvenir treasures! 

I fell in love with this nautical rope knot silver Pandora ring. It is now basically my new favorite ring! Love how dainty but resilient it is! 



My boyfriend and I have this tradition of getting ornaments from everywhere we travel and since we don't currently have a nautical ornament, I picked up this adorable sailboat one! It is living among our shell collection until Christmas… since I am WAY too lazy to dig out my Christmas boxes and pack it up! 


Day 7 


Then on Saturday, the #1 reason for my New England trip was to celebrate one of my dear friends and her wedding! The wedding was bordering Cape Cod and was right on the water! The weather, which was threatening rain, held off and the entire ceremony and reception came together perfectly! I couldn't be happier for her and the love of her life!!! 


I mean… how gorgeous is this location?!

We flew home early on Sunday and I had just enough time to unpack and re-pack for a work trip to Ann Arbor Michigan. Unfortunately I caught some major flu/cold/awfulness in my travels and I have been recovering from being sick all of last week (and still lingering ick this week). 

We are actually flying BACK to MA this Friday for another wedding (this time in Connecticut) and will be up north until Tuesday! Love summer travel and wedding season! 

Comments

Popular Posts