Summer New England Vaca Days 1-4

WHERE TO BEGIN!? 

4 States 
2 Weeks 
2 Time Zones 
1 Vacation 
1 Surgery
1 Wedding
1 Business Trip
Countless friends and family

= 1 Sleepy/Burnt Out Nikki!


#Seriously 

Day 1

Way back on July 3rd I flew up to Massachusetts to start my week long New England Vacation! Getting into MA in the evening that Sunday, all I had the time and energy to do was lay low and hang out with my mother and sister. 

We did take a evening stroll and saw this beautiful sunset! It was the most perfect "welcome home"! 

 

Day 2

My second day in MA happened to be 4th of July and there was a whole lot going on! First off... this was the one and only day I was able to be in the same state as my bff and second my family was having a big holiday cookout. Combining the best of both worlds my friend came out to my families cookout! My cousins rented the most beautiful lake house 4th of July week and I was so happy my vacation time overlapped with them being at the lake house!

My view for the day!

Spent most of the day doing this!! We kayaked ALL over that lake! 

Went swimming with my grammy… isn't she the cutest?! The visor is her signature accessory! 



Played with my newest "cousin"…. Molly, the cutest water loving pup! 

And ended the day striking a pose at sunset!! 
(I may or may not have been on a s'mores sugar high!)

Day 3

Tuesday morning (while my family was either at work or sleeping in) I spent some quality time reading on the porch. As I have mentioned before, my childhood home has been up for sale and I have been having a hard time with it. Being able to spend some quality time in one of my favorite spots was healing in its own way. 


And when my mom (who was also on vacation) finally woke up… I got her to take a picture of me in front of the house. I take solace in knowing that I still will see the house one last time before my final goodbye so it was just a "see you later" this time! 


I also spent some quality time with my "uncle" bunny Prince Phillip. My mom rescued a rex bunny last year and since I was missing my fluffy fur baby Willow… Philip got some serious bunny snuggles. 


That afternoon I had lunch with my dad and then treated myself to some quality "me" time… aka got my hair cut and got a mani/pedi. For the record I very rarely get my nails professionally done so there were a whole bunch of firsts going on for me! I have heard about Gels before but never experienced them! COMPLETELY SOLD. Being the klutz that I am... I am that person who usually gets their nails done and then bumps into something 10 minutes later and messes them up! The instant drying with gels was like magic to me! I'm not sure I will ever go back to the old fashion nail polish (which is totally a lie since I usually do my own nails and don't own a fancy UV machine… but I would if I could)! 


I also had that fancy paraffin foot dip thing?! Also loved it!! But totally had no clue what was going on… Are they making a mold of my feet? Do I get to keep my feet mold when this is over? WHAT is going on?! Yes. I had no clue. But double Yes. I loved it. 

  

To wrap up Tuesday I got to spend the evening with some old friends visiting one of my newly married friends and his wife, new puppy and brand new house! It was so nice to see him and his mini family in their beautiful new home! 

Day 4

Wednesday was 100% spent with friends from college. In the morning I got to spend some fantastic time with my college roommate and we went all over the place! 


We started at Gold Star Diner which (in my opinion) is one of the BEST diners in Worcester, Massachusetts and then we drove out to Sutton, Massachusetts to hike Purgatory Chasm. No, the place between heaven and hell is not located in Massachusetts… but the coolest glacier-made state reservation is! 


Here my girlfriend is taking a picture of "Lovers Leap" 

 


So much green!! 

That evening I got to meet my GGGGG Little! All you sorority girls out there will know what I am talking about!! Crazy to meet my sorority family member who just started school! Makes me feel so old but I love to see my family line grow!! 



Then for dinner I hung out with two of my best male friends from college! We have this tradition of going to The Boynton (My favorite Worcester, MA restaurant) every time I'm in New England. I love that they drive in from all over the place to come see me when I am around!!  It is always so good to catch up! 



Phew - so thats part 1 of my New England Vacation! Come back tomorrow to see the good, the bad, and the painful (mouth surgery… yikes)!! 

Feels good to be back! =) 

Comments

Popular Posts