Destined for Destin

This weekend I got the opportunity to do two things I have never been able to do before!

1. I got to travel to Destin, Florida!

2. I got to surprise my aunt who had no idea I was coming!
(Don't worry - it was a coordinated surprise with some sneaky planning with another one of my aunts… heehee) 

Destin is a small hop, skip & a jump away… aka 4.5 hours from where I reside in Louisiana. Just close enough that it is a do-able weekend trip and just far enough where we (my boyfriend and I) got to stay the night!

Here is my weekend summary!
  • "Scenic" route 281 south into the panhandle is definitely NOT scenic. Now let me tell you, besides 5 seconds of some pretty sand dunes, there was nothing scenic about it! 
  • Did you know Destin is "The Worlds Luckiest Fishing Village?" We didn't! 
  • Destin is simply beautiful!

Just look at this! 
  • November is the off season which means a couple things … you cant actually go swimming (unless you are totally brave) because its too cold but this also means there is barely anyone there! Just you and some gorgeous white sand beaches for miles! 

I was so in love! 
  • Apparently late night jacuzzi talks with strangers involve sharing your whole life story. It's just what you do! 
  • If you find yourself in Destin, I highly recommend "The Back Porch Seafood and Oyster House". First off it is family friendly. Second it has food prices ranging from $ (burgers and sandwiches) to $$$ (quality and freshly caught fish). And third (and I think the best part) the Back Porch is located directly on the ocean. They even have some picnic tables directly on the sand to hang out on after dinner! This is where we got to watch the most beautiful sunset right on the water!! 

My boy and I love the goofy photos! <3
  • Dolphins!! ... enough said!

Look how close it was!!! 

I can see Destin as a tourist nightmare in the prime of summer but as an off season beach destination, it was simply fantastic! I would definitely go back! 

Hope your week is off to a great start! <3 WC

Comments

Popular Posts