Current TV Tuesday

I am a bit of a TV buff. I blame Netflix for this. But truthfully I have always been one. I get sucked in quickly and invest into the characters lives. It doesn't help that this fall season has been cram-packed with some great TV! 

So here are a few of my current favorites...

Survivor. Yes I am a survivor fan! I was super into it back in high school (middle school?) when it started and drifted away during my college years. Now as a post-college graduate and as a working girl who just wants to flop on the couch after a long day, I'm back! For reality TV, this is by far my favorite show. The physical challenges are great to watch but the psychological game is what I really love! The idea that you vote out your enemies and then rely on them to vote for you as the winner is just simply fantastic TV! This season has been great! The cast is made up of fan-favorites which makes it hard to route for just one to win! #Team Joe #TeamKeith #TeamJeremy #TeamSurvivor

PS - How has Jeff Probst been doing this for years and still looks EXACTLY the same!?



(That is the face of Survivor right there!) 

Grey's Anatomy. This show has had its ups and downs for me over the years. Every time they kill someone off, I pout and say I am done with the show. But here I am… every Thursday… a loyal fan who has never missed an episode. If you were to ask me my favorite show, I will always answer Grey's  Anatomy … for at least as long as it is on. Not to mention I work in the medical world and love that most of their medical story lines are based on true cases! 

PS - ALL of the men on this show are smoking hot! **swoon** #BringBackMcSteamyAndMcDreamy


Scandal. Olivia Pope. Enough said. But seriously even Taylor Swift named one of her cats after Olivia Pope! The show is just that good. Shonda Rhimes (creator of Grey's, Scandal & How To Get Away With Murder) seriously knocked it out of the park with this one. A political drama based in DC with a love triangle that involves the President... Can't lose with that plot!! 

PS - Not to mention girl has some serious coat fashion in basically every episode! If anyone wants to make some money quick - just start an Olivia Pope coat fashion line and you will be rolling in it!! 


Walking Dead.  Now I have not always been a Walking Dead fan. My mother used to rave about this show and out of pure instinct, if my mother liked it, then I probably wouldn't like it. But then, one eventless evening, I watched the Pilot and just like that - I was sucked in. The part that totally won me over was the morality behind it. You catch yourself wondering "What would I do in that situation?" "Would I stab my loved one in the head when they became a walker?"Love it. Nooot to mention one of my favorite action movies is Boondock Sainted and Norman Reedus as "Daryl" in the WD was the best casting call of this show! 


(You can save me from a Walker any day!) 

And last but not least… for my current Netflix binge… Dexter. How am I just discovering this show now?!  Sometime around Halloween I was looking for something mildly scary to watch and a friend recommended I watch Dexter, the classic tale of a serial killer just trying to make it in this world. OMG. The first couple episodes actually gave me nightmares! But the really scary thing is how lovable they are able to make a serial killer. You find yourself routing for Dexter to make his kill and justifying what he does. Crazy. Completely recommend it if you, like me, live under a rock and have never seen it before!


That is it for now dear readers! <3 WC

Comments

Popular Posts